Owners of the Asus A7M266-D Dual Athlon MB

C

CIWS

The latest listed bios on the download page for this MB is version 1010, as shown here Bios download page

Now when I tried to run a pair of 2600MPs (Barton cores) in the board they didn't work properly, the POST screen said they weren't MP capable, they were not stable under load, etc, etc. This morning I started looking around Asus's site to answer another thread and found out they did actually release a later bios that's supposed to support up the 2800MP, but if you looked above they never listed it on the BIOS download page. Here's a link to get it if you do not already have it. It's version 1011.002

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cbios_dl/cbios_dl.aspx?MB=A7M266-D&CPU=Athlon MP 2800+ (Model%2010)&BIOS=1011.002

Fargen Bastages ;)

Ah man, now I gotta flash six boards.

Ya just borked my weekend:D

Actually it is listed on the first download page link you gave.
http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A7M266-D&Type=BIOS&SLanguage=en-us
At the top of that page you will see a selection for "Release" or "Beta". Just tick the beta button and it goes to beta downloads.

The latest beta BIOS right now for that board is 1011.003.

So your still behind with 1011.002. ;)

ChelseaOilman
300000.gif
80000.gif

Thanks for the added info ChelseaOilman. I didn't post the beta because the info on the flash didn't give any details as to what it addressed, so we wouldn't know what it might break being beta ;) . But if you track down through the CPU support pages you'll find the list for the A7M266-D and it shows 1022.002 as the official release to support the Model 10 CPU (BartonMP). In any event it appears it will catch the board up to the current release MP CPUs :)

Originally posted by CIWS
Thanks for the added info ChelseaOilman. I didn't post the beta because the info on the flash didn't give any details as to what it addressed, so we wouldn't know what it might break being beta ;) .
LOL, sometimes even the so called final versions break things. ;)
Originally posted by CIWS
But if you track down through the CPU support pages you'll find the list for the A7M266-D and it shows 1022.002 as the official release to support the Model 10 CPU (BartonMP). In any event it appears it will catch the board up to the current release MP CPUs :)
So far I've been unable to find a link to the 1011.002 BIOS. I believe whenever you see the extra 3 digit number at the end it denotes a beta version. When the actual 1011 final version is released there won't be any 3 digit number at the end on the release clients download page. If 1011.002 was going to be the 1011 final version I don't think they would have come out with a 1011.003 beta. The next beta would have been the 1012.001

In any case ASUS doesn't do a good job of keeping all their sites up to date.

Taiwan ftp site: ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/760mpx/a7m266-d/

German ftp site:ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Socket_A/AMD_Chipset/AMD_760_MPX/A7M266-D/

Depending on which countries site you go to you'll find different versions available. :confused:

ChelseaOilman
300000.gif
80000.gif

I have not flashed it yet T-3, my three Asus boards have 1900 Palominos and 2400MPs in them currently.

ChelseaOilman - I would tend to agree, the number at the end tends to denote a beta vs a release. If you want to see where they list .002 for Model 10 CPU compatability you'll have to start with this URL.

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

Then go down through the pages to the listing for the A7M266-D and look for the Athlon MP 2800+ (Model 10) in that table. There next to it they list the .002 bios for compatability.

I have several of those boards, if your using paly's DO NOT go above bios 1006.

If your going the XP route use the latest beta. I have that on all my boards and it's totally stable. I'm running two hard modded Bartons at 2800 with no problem. The newest bios actually supports multiplyiers up to 20. I also have two hard modded Thorton core cpus runnning at 2700. I know there is no 2700, but that's what worked;)

Luck

BillR

PS, four boards, four versions of the board the .003 bios works in them all.

Back