Own Dark Helmet's Dark Helmet

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
For a mere $14,ooo you can own Rick Moranis' character's Helmet from the Spaceballs movie.

1421. Rick Moranis hero “Dark Helmet” helmet from Spaceballs. (MGM, 1987) This articulating oversized signature helmet was worn by Moranis as Dark Helmet throughout the Mel Brooks classic Sci-Fi spoof. Consisting of 20 in. round by 14 in. tall cartoonish “Darth Vader”-stylized helmet constructed of heavy vacuum formed plastic component shell affixed to internal construction worker’s hard-hat liner to fit the actor. With screw-hinged movable faceplate section featuring vents, metalized shower drain mouth piece and triangular embedded tinted see-through lenses. Exhibiting only minor production wear and age. In vintage very good to fine condition.

ludicrous-speed.png

Many one liners, quotes and references will fill this thread. But at no point will we be unsatisfied.

"I'm surrounded by assholes..."

(figured I might as well get that one outta the way post haste) :D

I normally think this kind of money for movie memorabilia is a bit ludicrous. But in all seriousness, if I had the cash laying around, I might actually bid on this.

What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?

That auction site is a clear and present danger to many bank accounts. The helmet bidding has already gone to plaid.

Part of me wishes there was a space balls 2, the even more rediclous search for money. Or space balls the prequel, the search for the search for more money.

brooks said SB2 was "in talks" in May. they are interested again after all the new SW success. I got my Schwartz(fingers) crossed!

Most of me wants it to not happen. Moranis isn't acting anymore, Candy is dead, Pullman more than likely wouldn't do it. I just don't see anything good that could come of it.

But of course, there's that little piece of me that says "Fuck it, why not".

Most of me wants it to not happen. Moranis isn't acting anymore, Candy is dead, Pullman more than likely wouldn't do it. I just don't see anything good that could come of it.

But of course, there's that little piece of me that says "Fuck it, why not".

I'm with you, it just won't be the same without the original cast. I'd rather not get another shitty remake or sequel that's way past it's expiration date.

Of course, the shitty new Star wars movies have been raking in the dough with what is essentially an entire new cast, so maybe they figure they can make it work too.

C'mon Kyle, buy it!

Hey, the man just cleaned-out a shitload of storage space, so it's high-time he filled it back up again.

Also, I could see him doing a hardware review comparing Ludicrous Speed with Ridiculous Speed.

Back