OWA headache.

C7J0yc3

[H]ard|Gawd
I need some help because google has turned up nothing. I currently have two exchange servers. A exchange 2000 server (exchangesrv) and a exchange 2007 server (ex01). Right now exchangeserv is serving up OWA just fine, if I go to ex01/owa and put in the credentials for a mailbox on the old server it redirects fine and logs into the mailbox. However if I try to log into a mailbox on the new server I receive a 404.3 not found error. I have tried everything I can think of and followed every guide to properly setup OWA that I can find, but still nothing.

When I go to ex01/exchange I get the "this website may be unsafe" message from IE, tell it I want to go through anyway, put in the username and password for one of the mailboxes on the new server, it accepts it but brings me to a page that says 404.3 not found. If I try going to ex01/owa i get the 404.3 not found error right away. At the moment I am using just basic authentication (I want to get the website up before I bring SSL into the mix) and this site is going to be available internally only.

If you need any more info about this I would be glad to provide it, but I am completely stumped and would prefer not just scrapping this VM and starting over from scratch.

The only experience I have with Exchange 2007 is with running it side by side with exchange 2003 briefly, however I never tried OWA before I removed 2003, so I can't help you there.

Also, I never had simple authentication on 2003 or 2007 (2007 just enabled it by default and I left it alone) and I have never had a problem with OWA, maybe try turning off simple authentication? enabling SSL should not cause any additional headaches...

I need some help because google has turned up nothing. I currently have two exchange servers. A exchange 2000 server (exchangesrv) and a exchange 2007 server (ex01). Right now exchangeserv is serving up OWA just fine, if I go to ex01/owa and put in the credentials for a mailbox on the old server it redirects fine and logs into the mailbox. However if I try to log into a mailbox on the new server I receive a 404.3 not found error. I have tried everything I can think of and followed every guide to properly setup OWA that I can find, but still nothing.

When I go to ex01/exchange I get the "this website may be unsafe" message from IE, tell it I want to go through anyway, put in the username and password for one of the mailboxes on the new server, it accepts it but brings me to a page that says 404.3 not found. If I try going to ex01/owa i get the 404.3 not found error right away. At the moment I am using just basic authentication (I want to get the website up before I bring SSL into the mix) and this site is going to be available internally only.

If you need any more info about this I would be glad to provide it, but I am completely stumped and would prefer not just scrapping this VM and starting over from scratch.

Uhm, are you using RPC over HTTP/S on Exchange Server 2007 by any chance?

Also, do youu have integrated and basic authentication enabled on the /rpc virtual directory in IIS Manager? Anonymous enabled?

Back