ow can I enforce configurations and "group policies" on my home LAN?

x509

2[H]4U
I posted this question the other day in the Networking and Security forum, but I thought that I should also post that question in this forum. So here is my question:'

My home LAN has four systems, all running Win 10 Pro. What I want to do is set policies and even some configurations across all systems? That is, I would do the config or policy on one machine, and the changes would be propagated to all other systems?

Keeping the settings consistent across four systems is a royal pain.:mad:

It would be easier to just manually set the GPO on each PC than set up a domain.
OK. I'm glad to see that I do NOT need a domain. So how can I export, if that is the right word, GPO settings into a master "config file," and then use that file on every system but the first?

You can copy the local gpedit.msc files to the other systems and incorporate the settings, though it's a bit more involved than simply export & import. You basically have to copy and paste everything manually where it goes - I don't remember off the top of my head where that is, though.
I would suggest (depending on what you want to do), make a batch logon script for each machine and change your settings that way; reason being, when MS eventually re-toggles everything in the way that you don't like it, the batch script will automate the process of changing everything back without any interaction on your part.
Most of 10's settings can be adjusted in the registry, from update policies to telemetry and ads/suggestions. Having the logon script will take care of that for you automagically, as long as you add the .bat/.cmd to the All User's Startup folder on each machine.

OK. I'm glad to see that I do NOT need a domain. So how can I export, if that is the right word, GPO settings into a master "config file," and then use that file on every system but the first?
What I do is just use a GP filter to only view changed settings, then take a screenshot. Its not as simple as clicking a mouse to import settings but I have a reference to compare to at least.

Back