Overwatch Will Be Free To Play This Weekend

There is only a % of the population that is impacted by motion sickness from incorrect head positions in games. Iaunch the game and look at your hands and the size of the guns and position. Then launch something like Battlefield 1 and look at the same. You will notice that you are farther forward then you should be in Overwatch and are closer to your hands then you should be. That is the affect of improperly anchored FOV. If you play Overwatch as your 4:3 resolution and don't feel sick after a few minutes then I envy you. I am unable to play without taking motion sickness pills because of the incorrect FOV. It makes me physically ill in just minutes. Yet I can play BF1, Call of Duty (whichever one you want), Rainbow Six, CounterStrike, etc without feeling sick in minutes because I can correctly adjust the FOV which Blizzard does not allow because they anchored it incorrectly and then didn't set the range correctly. Look it up there are a large number of boards from people such as myself who get sick trying to play it.

4:3 and 21:9 is Aspect ratio, not resolution. sucks about the motion sickness, for sure.

4:3 and 21:9 is Aspect ratio, not resolution. sucks about the motion sickness, for sure.
I use a LG at 3440 X 1440 resolution. Which is a more modern resolution then 1920x1080 which is based on 4:3 aspect ratio. Yet even at 1080 the Field of View is not adjustable to the correct position of the eyeballs on a body because they anchored FOV to the wrong axis. I am also affected by distortion in FOV in 3rd person as well such as Witcher 3 at launch. I had to quickly find a FOV fix to not be immediately sick playing that game however they fixed that game and added a proper FOV slidder on the correct axis and I was able to enjoy it fully. It boggles my mind that companies like Blizzard don’t seek out gamers who are motion sickness affected to test their settings on. If you’re settlings are off just abit I will be sick. If not I can play for hours on end blizzards settings are maybe 5% off. Yet that is all the world to me.

Back