Overwatch Animated Short: The Last Bastion

I want to like Bastion, and I am not one of those haters who think he is overpowered, my problem is just that he isn't fun to play. Nothing like standing still hoping people run past you. To be fair I am a terrible sniper too.

If they could do a full blown animated Overwatch series like these shorts, geez that would be hugely popular stuff.

Amazed at just how good this turned out. Blizzard has shown they've still got their storytelling A-game.

If they could do a full blown animated Overwatch series like these shorts, geez that would be hugely popular stuff.

I'd watch an Overwatch movie before a Warcraft movie...man what a missed opportunity...imagine the synergy!

Blizzard would be foolish to not create an Overwatch full-length animated movie. In my opinion, they'd have to do it in-house rather than outsource the animation and story writing.

Netflix, meet Blizzard, Blizzard, meet Netflix. ;)

<can you imagine the awesomeness that could end up producing?>

I want to like Bastion, and I am not one of those haters who think he is overpowered, my problem is just that he isn't fun to play. Nothing like standing still hoping people run past you. To be fair I am a terrible sniper too.

The fun in Bastion comes from predicting enemy pushes and aligning yourself properly at certain chokes to just massacre them sending them back home. Knowing that the enemy team just collectively said "goddamn fucking bastion!" is one of his better moments.

You do not know how to play Bastion if you just wait hoping for people to run by you. Everyone hates Bastion for some reason. A team with a Reinhardt is worthless if you have a good Bastion that can knock down his shield constantly.

I recently played with a group (only knew 1 person) and I went Bastion on defense. 2 of the kiddos raged on me (both higher skill rating by 5 levels). 1 went as far to troll the whole game. Needless to say the Bastion carried :D If you can learn to use his regular gun and move around, he can be tough to kill. Reaper is no match if you can aim. But again, its a team game. If your team does not invest in you playing Bastion, it probably wont work out.

It's all in how you play. True, he simply isn't fun to play, but you can do more than just wait for people to run past you...sort of. I treat Bastion like he's a sniper, who happens to be using a minigun instead. Shoot and move. I don't camp with Bastion. I just wait to become that 3rd wheel. 2 people fighting against each other, then I hop in and mow down the opposing force, then move on.

Hell, I play Torb like an attacker. I run past everyone and set up a turret behind the enemy. So when they respawn and try to run back, they have to deal with me and a turret. Slowing them down, allowing my team to move the payload or hold the objective.

Most times I'm just being annoying and freezing ppl instead.

Reaper is no match if you can aim. But again, its a team game. If your team does not invest in you playing Bastion, it probably wont work out.

Unless you don't notice that Reaper got behind you and just 2 shots you. Some of those Reaper players are super sneaky.

Back