Overlord

logan1

Gawd
I just started playing 2 days back and love’in it. I just absolutely love my lil minions. Unlike Oblivion where you had to open each box, chest, and pot to find stuff; i now just have an army of minions ransack any room I want and bring me all the goodies. How ever for a game in which you are pure evil i do seem to be helping a lotta people.

Anyone else playing this game? What do you think of the game?

The fun wears thin about four days in, at least in my experience. Make sure to break into homes + kill everyone. :)

I love the game, been playing for hours and so far it has all my attention... so many fun characters to slaughter with the minions. I wish there was a blood patch or something it would be nicer :D For a fun arcade-y game I'd give this a 9/10.

Its been awhile since i have played, i need to pick it back up, its a fun game. I got mad cause my blue guys killed themselves, lol.

good game. arming your brown is awesome.

reds a mostly useless though. very inaccurate and die too easily.
blue are ok.
greens are the best

but yes. bug help, you dont have to do anything, the minions do all the work.
definetly fun.

plus i like the forging touch. i think that it makes the game a lot more fun.

I was interested in this game. Went out and bought a PCGamer magazine to get the demos disc which had it.

I played it for about 20 minutes and then it crashed my computer giving it a Stop Error.

I ejected the disc and threw it away.....Never touched Overlord since.

The 20 minutes I did play though, graphics looks very nice. Voice characterization was decent and ambient sounds were nice thru my 5.1. The mouse movement was extremely touchy though, an extreme slight TAP on the mouse sent the screen spinning. I didnt get a chance to see if I could change the mouse sensitivity though. In fact, I never got past the first part where you get to practice beating up that FOOL minion. Or was it a jester.

Had that Stop Error not happened, I might be inclined to buy the game, but I just rebuilt my computer and although it was a demo disc I used, it still has me concearned enough about it NOT to buy it.

I was interested in this game. Went out and bought a PCGamer magazine to get the demos disc which had it.

I played it for about 20 minutes and then it crashed my computer giving it a Stop Error.

I ejected the disc and threw it away.....Never touched Overlord since.

The 20 minutes I did play though, graphics looks very nice. Voice characterization was decent and ambient sounds were nice thru my 5.1. The mouse movement was extremely touchy though, an extreme slight TAP on the mouse sent the screen spinning. I didnt get a chance to see if I could change the mouse sensitivity though. In fact, I never got past the first part where you get to practice beating up that FOOL minion. Or was it a jester.

Had that Stop Error not happened, I might be inclined to buy the game, but I just rebuilt my computer and although it was a demo disc I used, it still has me concearned enough about it NOT to buy it.
There is already a few patches for the full version(and a demo patch). I have yet to see a single bug or crash, since I started playing after 1.2 released.

Give it a chance... stop errors are usually hardware related.

I am simply AMAZED at how well this game runs on my rig on highest graphical settings. It is hands down the nicest looking game I have ever played...

I just finished the game. I give it 2 thumbs up. :D

Overall it is a very enjoyable game and i guess i was lucky as i did not face any hardware issues.

If anyone is looking for a game that is just a lil bit off the beaten path i would definitely recommend "Overlord"

I played the demo on the 360 and was not impressed. It basically looked like a point and click game with no challenge to me.

Well, despite the Stop Error...I did think the game looked cool and had a good concept behind it.

This game should have ran fine on my rig, I think maybe I just pushed the demo too hard. Perhaps, the demo disc I got was buggy?? The res. setting was defaulted to 1024x768, I changed that to 1280x1024 which is the highest setting my monitor can do. Perhaps that caused the hiccup??

On another note, I downloaded the Bioshock demo (took 2 1/2hours). Again, I reset the default res. to 1280x1024....all the other settings were already defaulted to the highest settings so I didnt change those....

Game ran absolutely perfect, not a single hiccup whatsoever. I would "think" that Bioshock, out of the 2 games, would be the one that wouldnt work with my rig. But nope. Ran fine.

:D

played teh game, i thuoght it was like stubbs the zombie ( i think that was the name) and destroy all human. Its funny but seems to be pretty repetitive, so I doubt I'd like it. Atleast after playing it a while.

The fun wears thin about four days in, at least in my experience. Make sure to break into homes + kill everyone. :)
Well said. I was very much pro-Overlord when it was first released and I played it very frequently. The problem is, the early game is very fun and pokes fun at the various fantasy stereotypes out there, but later on, it really just falls into those same stereotypes it spoofs and it becomes another general fantasy game.

There are definitely unique elements and it's an enjoyable game, but I found after playing through about 70% of the game I just didn't have it in me to play the rest. I still have it installed, but I haven't touched it in weeks. Maybe it's just not my cup of tea, but while it was new and interesting at first, the play definitely becomes stale after you get used to it.

Agreed that it is a fun game for a short period of time. It just starts to be more of the same after a while. It was a fun rent.

Looks fun, but certaintly not $40 fun.

When this bargain bins for the PC, I'll be sure to snag a copy.

Back