Overlord Bundle on Steam: $8.75

Direwolf20

2[H]4U
On steam right now, theres an Overlord Bundle on sale for $8.75. -- Its 75% off, normally $35. It includes Overlord 1, Overlord: Raising Hell (Expansion pack to 1), and Overlord 2 (The sequel).

I played Overlord 1 on the PS3, and enjoyed it. It's got its flaws, but overall the game is fun, enjoyable, and has some good humor.

I've been meaning to check out Overlord 2, so this was a great deal for me.

Gameplay is similiar to Pikmin, but with an evil side. You're basically an undead knight who uses 'Minions' to do your dirty work, of killing stuff and pillaging. Its really pretty fun, and theres a few puzzles mixed into the gameplay.

I'd personally rate it 7.5/10 -- and the bundle for $8.75 is a great deal. So if you're looking for something a little different, I'd suggest checking it out!

I played the first one a bit when it first came out but didn't get the chance to finish it. I bought this pack even though I won't play it for awhile due to other games. Hard to pass up 75%.

Yea, I'm in the middle of Dragon Age myself, but will play this when I'm done :D

Exactly the same :)

It's a great little deal for all of them, I only played the demo of the original overlord but it seemed fun enough, just never got around to buying it.

I could never enjoy Overlord 1 & 2. I have been spoiled by the brilliant Dungeon Keeper series and Overlord, to me, just feels like it's trying to be a Dungeon Keeper replacement. Sadly, it falls flat on its face. Dungeon Keeper was a far superior game.

I pray to the gaming gods that one day someone will pick up the DK ip and fulfill my dreams of a DK 3.

for 8.75 this game has been a blast. most fun ive had with any video game in quite some time...

cant recommend it enough honestly

Haha my bad, never read the HotDeals forum personally :D.

I don't see how Overlord is trying to rip off Dungeon Keeper though, DK was more of an RTS as I recall. Sure, its not your classical RTS, and I too enjoyed it quite a lot, though I didn't like DK2 as much as DK1. But I don't see how the two games are comparable. Excepting maybe they both have you playing as the 'bad guy'.

Haha my bad, never read the HotDeals forum personally :D.

I don't see how Overlord is trying to rip off Dungeon Keeper though, DK was more of an RTS as I recall. Sure, its not your classical RTS, and I too enjoyed it quite a lot, though I didn't like DK2 as much as DK1. But I don't see how the two games are comparable. Excepting maybe they both have you playing as the 'bad guy'.

Yep, gameplay styles between DK and Overlord have nothing in common. In the lead up to the release of Overlord, there were a few previews that said it shared similarities to DK. In hearing that, my expectations were set to a certain level, hence feeling a little disappointed when it wasnt really anything like DK.

Example of one preview that said it they "Had a 'Dungeon Keeper' feeling all along about this game"
http://www.actiontrip.com/previews/overlord.phtml

I could never enjoy Overlord 1 & 2. I have been spoiled by the brilliant Dungeon Keeper series and Overlord, to me, just feels like it's trying to be a Dungeon Keeper replacement. Sadly, it falls flat on its face. Dungeon Keeper was a far superior game.

I pray to the gaming gods that one day someone will pick up the DK ip and fulfill my dreams of a DK 3.

We must have been playing a different Dungeon Keeper as these two were so far different that I never even remotely thought of DK when I played the original Overlord.

Yep, gameplay styles between DK and Overlord have nothing in common. In the lead up to the release of Overlord, there were a few previews that said it shared similarities to DK. In hearing that, my expectations were set to a certain level, hence feeling a little disappointed when it wasnt really anything like DK.

Example of one preview that said it they "Had a 'Dungeon Keeper' feeling all along about this game"
http://www.actiontrip.com/previews/overlord.phtml

I gotcha, so its more of the reviewers painting a false picture. Yea, its definitely not similiar at all, except perhaps the humor and being the 'bad guy' aspect.

I bought the 8.75 pack - no idea if/when I'll ever get around to playing it though. Hooked on Borderlands right now, and after that there's at least another half-dozen new releases I have to try.

I tried OL:RH on a friend's PS3 a couple weeks ago, and was mostly meh because I couldn't stand the controlls and camera system; but I think on PC it will be a lot more fun. I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually.

Back