Overkill's The Walking Dead Pulled From Steam

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Today, various media outlets reported that Overkill's The Walking Dead has been pulled from Steam. In a press release, Starbreeze says The Walking Dead's IP owner filed a "license related complaint," and claim that they're "in discussions about the agreement and Starbreeze is trying to resolve the issue to find an amicable solution with the ambition to finish and deliver season 2 of the game." However, Forbes claims that the Walking Dead creators pulled the game because it didn't meet their quality standards. Starbreeze filed for "reconstruction" (which appears to be a euphemism for bankruptcy) in December last year, and pulling one of their big releases from Steam certainly won't help their financial situation.

"Our creators and their stories are the core of Skybound, and since 2014 we have worked hard to expand the world of 'The Walking Dead' into an exceptional co-op action FPS," Skybound said in a statement. "We did our best to work with Starbreeze and resolve many issues that we saw with the game, but ultimately 'Overkill's The Walking Dead' did not meet our standards nor is it the quality that we were promised."

Licensed TVshow IP's. Why did they think this a good idea? I am trying to think of any TV show licensed IP game of any quality? The last one of quality I can think of was a Zork style Star Trek text game decades ago.

Licensed TVshow IP's. Why did they think this a good idea? I am trying to think of any TV show licensed IP game of any quality? The last one of quality I can think of was a Zork style Star Trek text game decades ago.

Man I loved so many of the star trek games tbh. But beyond that, I am struggling to come up with any.

"Walking Dead creators pulled the game because it didn't meet their quality standards."

Game didn't suck anywhere nearly as badly as the show?? Because the show sucks balls. Should have ended after 4-5 seasons.
New director this season really changed things up and brings it back to the good ole early days, imo.

I'm still a little upset that Telltale Games is pretty much gone and probably won't ever have " The Wolf Among Us" Season 2. I really enjoyed the first game and was looking forward to the 2nd. Always the comics though.... Played the TWD game some, but not for a long while.

Back