Overclocking the X1900XT

Jiggaman2576

Limp Gawd
I just switched from a 7900GT to an X1900XT which I have already flashed to the XTX because it had the BJ11 ram on it. However whenever I overclock with ATITool, as soon as I run any games it resets the clock back to stock 3D settings. I am pretty sure all I am manipulating is the 2D clocks which have no effect. What I need to know is, what is the proper procedure to overclock one of these things? The Nvidia was a joke compared to this and I'm getting upset because everything I've tried always reverts back. I have disabled all ATI services so that is not doing it. I have this thing watercooled so I am expecting very high clocks with overvolting, which also seems to work until it goes into 3D mode. Thanks in advance.

There is nobody here [H]ard enough to tell me what the hell I am doing wrong? Come on now, I find this [H]ard to believe!

Windows Button + R -> Type "services.msc" -> Disable "ATI Hotkey Poller," and "ATI Smart." Restart if prompted and you're good to go.

It turns out the overclocks were infact taking place its just I was using fear as my benchmarking program and it for some reason was not running very well. I used 3Dmark05 to test and it was much better and I could tell the difference. Is there a reason that fear would run better on the primary monitor instead of the secondary? Also, when I change the plugs from my LCD to my CRT the LCD will always stay as the primary? What shinnagins is ATI trying to pull with that? I want my 24" widescreen CRT as my master at all times and with it set as the primary monitor in windows, but the secondary in the video drivers, games still start playing on my LCD instead of my CRT so I have to disable the LCD to get games to work on the correct monitor. I did not have this problem with my 7900 and it kinda really sux0rs. Thanks for the hep guys.

Excellent guide on madshrimps. Thanks a bunch for the link. I didn't see him mention safe voltages for watercooling or safe voltages at all for ram water or air cooled. Does anyone know a good safe voltage for the ram on these babies? Thanks again guys.

With some games, FEAR and Prey being two, your card will downclock if not using CCC. To work around this use 6.3 drivers. Any newer driver will result in downclocking the card.

Back