Overclocking the Phone :D

Jakalwarrior

2[H]4U
I'm about to take my TI OMAP850 from 185mhz to 240 (30%). Should give me a nice bump in responsiveness and make skype better. Anyone else overclock their phones? if so by how much and have you had any damage done? or ever heard of any done? Most seem to say 240mhz on this chip is perfectly fine. I am just wondering how many other [H] members are overclocking their phones!

Which phone? I have my OMAP clocked to 240MHz and it works fine, kills the battery a little bit. Some people have had theirs up to 280MHz and swear they have no issues, who knows how long that will last.

My phone is a CECT M88. I tried jumping to 240mhz and it got very unhappy lol. Crashed isntantly. Now it crashes loading windows even after leaving the battery out for a min. Arg... if I get it working again I may give up on the overclocking.

i use xcpuscaler to downclock my phone to 208 when i'm not using it much then put it at 520 when i'm using it. it goes upto 624 no problem. verizon xv6700 which i'm guna replace with a diamond soon possibly...

I got brave again and this time managed to overclock it. My chip sucks, 216mhz crashes it! very weak OMAP 850 :( Ohwell, it came in a 300 dollar phone, what did I expect. Offical max overclock, ~204mhz :( (cant remember exact increments)

i use to OC my PPC6700 (Intel PXA 415MHz Chip) to 600 Somethin MHz... never crashed or anything but it did eat up the battery a bit

But where do you get an image of wm6?

Also I found out the low overclock is probably due to the firmware. Some firmwares clock better, some worse (on other phones). As far as I know though im stuck with what I have, so no echo cancelation in skype :(

Back