Crashy

n00b
I've just bought Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz 2x8gb RAM and I am planning to try to overclock it with D.O.C.P.
The thing I am wondering is will failure (if it happens) cause any damage to my system or anything like that, btw I am using Ryzen 1600. My system doesn't use latest BIOS updates ( it uses previous version ) because BIOS updating looks too complicated and I don't want to harm my system because I am newbie in all this stuff, thus I have lack of knowledge when it comes to changing system so any kind of help would be appreciated. :)

All I want to know can this overclocking I am planning to do harm my system and also I would like to know can failed BIOS updating cause any damage.

P.S. Sorry for bad English.

I never had any luck with D.O.C.P. when I had that board. It would lock up and require me to short the pins to reset the bios. Updating the bios is pretty easy. Just put the bios file in the root directory of a USB drive and then use the flash utility in the bios. Takes about 5 minutes.

Isn't updating the BIOS on a Ryzen motherboard kind of important for faster RAM compatibility?

That's what I've read.

Isn't updating the BIOS on a Ryzen motherboard kind of important for faster RAM compatibility?

That's what I've read.

Yeah, but it's kind of a mixed bag in my experience. The newest bios for the Prime B350 Plus board has the newer AGESA update also. I'd probably be inclined to update to it.

on the prime b350 mATX board, I ran the latest bios prior to agesa update and using docp ran great at 2933 with 3000mhz ram.

I never had any luck with D.O.C.P. when I had that board. It would lock up and require me to short the pins to reset the bios. Updating the bios is pretty easy. Just put the bios file in the root directory of a USB drive and then use the flash utility in the bios. Takes about 5 minutes.

I used brenamer to rename the file I got when I downloaded latest bios version . Now I have to copy this renamed file I get to USB, I mean the file with extension .cap, but I don't know what to do afterwards...Should I do something with this Bupdater application?

Last edited:
Do I have to rename file I get when I download latest bios version?
And one more question, by flash utility you mean bios utilities? I mean I have to download them to get flash utility,right?

like he said, take the bios file and put it on the root of a USB drive. Then, within the BIOS, one of the tabs says "ASUS EZ FLASH" go in there, select the USB drive, and the BIOS file. It will then flash.

like he said, take the bios file and put it on the root of a USB drive. Then, within the BIOS, one of the tabs says "ASUS EZ FLASH" go in there, select the USB drive, and the BIOS file. It will then flash.

Ok got it. Ty for help.

I am wondering will increasing voltage shorten my RAM's life, I mean if I keep it overclocked like that (2933mhz and 1.35V instead of 1.2V) whole time?

I can't imagine that 1.35 volts is going to kill anything in the useful lifetime of the ram

Back