Overclocking my Xeon E5-1660v3

DBZ33

Gawd
Hey everyone, looking for some help. I have a Asus Rampage Extreme V X99 board, a Xeon E5-1660v3 unlocked 8 core CPU , 32GB of Corsair 3200mhz DDR4 ram and a Titan X. My problem is no matter what I do I can't get my ram stable over 2133Mhz. My CPU is now stable at 4.4Ghz 1.3v however this ram can't run at it's rated speed. Is it the CPU memory controlers? I also have a Intel 6850K and I can run the 3200mhz no problem. Even when the Xeon is at stock speeds it's can't boot using XMP 3200Mhz speed. Am I doing something wrong in the settings? I appreciate the help.

Try configuring the RAM settings manually. Sometimes XMP profiles just screw things up badly, and it would not surprise me in the least if that is what you're experiencing.

Try configuring the RAM settings manually. Sometimes XMP profiles just screw things up badly, and it would not surprise me in the least if that is what you're experiencing.

Thanks. I already tried that. It's so weird as I had the ram running at 3200Mhz with my 6850k CPU no problem. The 2133mhz is just the default ram setting for the Asus motherboard. I'm also reading on the Asus forum to try other settings. They are saying I should be using the 125 strap for anything over 2400Mhz so I'm trying that. If that doesn't work I'm going to try and return the Corsair memory for a Gskill approved 3000Mhz ram kit.

Back