Overclocking DFI Lanparty DK P35 and Q6600

Joni Nitro

Gawd
I have had this board for just a few days and I am pretty impressed with it so far. I had a P5N32-E SLI Plus that I really liked but couldnt achieve the OC's I wanted with the 680i.

Going from Asus to DFI there is a huge difference in the bios settings. There is a lot of stuff I am just not used to seeing in there. So what I am looking for is some advice from people that maybe have this board or know of a good guide for this board. I have search [H] and used google but I dont really find anything that breaks down the setting for optimal tweaking.

I am on air for now just for testing. I have all my H20 stuff and will be modding a case for it soon.
My current state for testing:
700w Seasonic
2x120gb WD sata drives in Raid0
DFI Lanparty DK P35 T2RS
Q6600 GO with Zalman 9500
Corsair Dominator TwinX 2x1gb PC8500
PNY 8800GTX

I have run as high as 3.6 but Prime will freeze instantly even with vcore at 1.47
I can run 9x390 but my temps are high after about 20min in Prime.....I know I need my water cooling

I was going to run 8x400 but again instant Prime failures.

So give me what advice you can. Thanks!

I just got a DFI LT x38 and I'm cooling air and I also need to figure out the new bios.
I'm also somewhat of a OC noob.

Currently I'm using a 9 @ 350 and its seems very stable as far as everything else goes I'm still learning. Not sure what to do next.

I just got a DFI LT x38 and I'm cooling air and I also need to figure out the new bios.
I'm also somewhat of a OC noob.

Currently I'm using a 9 @ 350 and its seems very stable as far as everything else goes I'm still learning. Not sure what to do next.

View Temps Screen Shot:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bingebo...35034/sizes/l/

CPU: 48 - 52 on load
core 0: 59
core 1: 49
core 2: 49
core 3: 56

System: 49-52
Chipset 47-52

Back