Overclocking Damaging Network Card?

9mmx19

[H]ard|Gawd
Lately when browsing pages I'll sometimes get an error like "page not found" or whatever but once I reload it it shows up fine. Or other times Itll load part of the site but say "the specific document could not be found on the server" or something and of course if i reload the page its fine.

Other times the browser will just stay blank and not give me any message and say "waiting for whatever site." If I reload the page it loads instantly.

The strange thing is downloads and gaming arent affected. DLs dont reset or stop and Im not disconnected from online games.

Its an onboard NIC and I am OCing my mobo. Could OCing be the cause? The northbridge heatsink does get pretty hot.

dont think so it sounds to me like name resolution issues or possibly something is dropping your connections. what are you runng as a firewall or router.

I am using Firefox 2.0.0.3 and a DLink DI-604 router.

The reason why Im even thinking it has to do with OCing is I had the NIC stop connecting to anything completely on a previous motherboard of this same model. Ive been overclocking this whole time, and [H]'s own review says that the cooling on the board really isnt enough for overclocking.

Back