Overclocking, Cooling, Benchmarking, Monitoring

Smitty2k1

Gawd
I've been out of the loop with tweaking my system for quite some time now. I've got an i7-4770k CPU, Asus ROG motherboard, and GTX 780 GPU.

What are the preferred programs and/or methods these days for doing the following:
1) Monitoring the system including temperatures and fan speeds
2) Overclocking the CPU
3) Overclocking the GPU
4) Setting fan curves/profiles on the CPU/GPU/Aux fans
5) Benchmarking the CPU
6) Benchmarking the GPU
7) Stress testing the system

I've been out of the loop with tweaking my system for quite some time now. I've got an i7-4770k CPU, Asus ROG motherboard, and GTX 780 GPU.

What are the preferred programs and/or methods these days for doing the following:
1) Monitoring the system including temperatures and fan speeds
2) Overclocking the CPU
3) Overclocking the GPU
4) Setting fan curves/profiles on the CPU/GPU/Aux fans
5) Benchmarking the CPU
6) Benchmarking the GPU
7) Stress testing the system

1: We use HWiNFO for all our test systems
2: the BIOS
3: MSI Afterburner
4: MSI Afterburner for GPU, BIOS/ manufacturer software for CPU + AUX, Speedfan if supported
5: Tons out there, multithreaded I like cinebench
6: 3dMark and Unigine Heaven + games
7: CPU we use Prime95 at the suggestion of top motherboard manufacturers, GPU we use Furmark, also use ASUS realbench from time to time for overall stressing, but it can be flaky

1: We use HWiNFO for all our test systems
2: the BIOS
3: MSI Afterburner
4: MSI Afterburner for GPU, BIOS/ manufacturer software for CPU + AUX, Speedfan if supported
5: Tons out there, multithreaded I like cinebench
6: 3dMark and Unigine Heaven + games
7: CPU we use Prime95 at the suggestion of top motherboard manufacturers, GPU we use Furmark, also use ASUS realbench from time to time for overall stressing, but it can be flaky

Awesome... THANK YOU!!

1) HWMonitor
2) BIOS
3) eVGA Percision (I have an eVGA card now, I used to have AMD cards and just used the tool built into their drivers)
4) BIOS, I don't mess with GPU fans
5) none
6) none
7) Prime95, Unigine Heaven and games

The hardest part of overclocking these days is honestly just waiting for stability testing and monitoring temps/voltages. You really only need to change a few settings to get a pretty good overclock, then fine tuning for your particular chip.

http://www.overclockers.com/3step-guide-to-overclock-intel-haswell/ This is a pretty good quick guide for Haswell in particular but overclocking is mostly just CPU multiplier and core voltage (vcore). One thing that is always wise to do it save your current settings as a "profile" in the BIOS. That way if stuff gets screwed up you can always just revert back.

Back