Overclocking a 3800+ X2 64

Travisrd

n00b
Anyone have some settings you'd like to share so i can overclock mine? I'm using stock heatsink still

I got 2gigs of 1gx2 Mushkin pc3200 ddr400 memory

Would like to oc w/ out using the automated 10% oc.. that only gets me to 2.2ghz, much appriciated

If you could tell me some settings to use that'd be great :)

if you dont wanna "fuk" anything up, then you should not overclock

rofl, ok, well i dont really care but i'd like not too "fuk" nething up just needing some tips.. would really be appriciated heh

have you read eclipse's overclocking guide? if not, then i strongly suggest you do

good lord wtf

mine does 2.4 on stock voltage...

i am going to take a stab in the air here and just figure you didnt actually take the time to see if anything crashes at lower voltages?

I got to 2.3 with a .05v Undervolt. 1.45 is too much for that clock (unless you've gotten a bad chip).

hmm okay, ill try lowering the volt and see what hapnds, its running at 2.5 now w/ 1.45voltage ill try it lower and see if it runs

Travisrd said:
hmm okay, ill try lowering the volt and see what hapnds, its running at 2.5 now w/ 1.45voltage ill try it lower and see if it runs
see how far you can get with stock voltage.

when, and only when you hit a limit, bump the voltage and see if you get any gains. if not, something else is limiting the cpu

okie its running stable at 2.5ghz currently, ran prim95 forabout 30mins or so and got up too about 54c

Travisrd said:
okie its running stable at 2.5ghz currently, ran prim95 forabout 30mins or so and got up too about 54c
I believe you gotta run it for 24 hours before declaring it stable.... 30 minutes is not nearly enough.

N H O said:
have you read eclipse's overclocking guide? if not, then i strongly suggest you do
I was wondering if you could point me into the direction of that, or posting a link... :)

Atilac said:
I was wondering if you could point me into the direction of that, or posting a link... :)
*points at sig*

lmk if you have any questions about wording or what to do in some places, i'll be more than glad to help out :D

I got mine today... Waiting for my TT BT.... Did this on stock cooler... Was going fine till the point i saw temps rising to 55 after 5 mins of priming... Turned it off instantly...

My question to you guys is that how much PSU power i need to run that chip 24/7 stable @ 2.7GHz(Yup thats the spot i am aiming for)... I am on a Sky Hawk Power one 540 Watts and the rig also supports a X1900XT(which btw i run on stock :p)...

Edit: Btw dont bother about the 12V line in the pic as i have tested with a multimeter as its a good 12.02V

Edit2: Another question... Does ASUS Sli Dlx have issues with Ram : CPU runing 1:1 with FSB above 250.... I remember reading it somewhere but that was a long time ago... I am getting 2 GB of Samsung UCCC and i wanna run it(or lets say will try to run it) 1:1 at 270 with CPU @ 2700...

Back