Overclocked 5930K to 4.625GHz stable - Need help going higher

Pete_CIS

n00b
I have an Intel 5930K running on an Asus Rampage V Extreme motherboard. I've run it with a multiplier of 36 (all cores sync'd) and a Voltage of 1.275 and I have gotten it to overclock to 4.5GHz stable with temps below 70C at full load. It's run stable for well over a year. This is on a watercooler.

Recently I upgraded my watercooler (got a great price I couldnt pass up). At 4.5 GHz fully loaded it ran with temps in the 50's. I upped the multiplier to 37 to get to 4.625GHz. I had to up the voltage to 1.285. It was stable under stress at 1.275, but blue screened in game (Fallout 76). I upped the voltage to 1.285 and it ran stable in game and under stress. Under stress the CPU temps only get to around 60C. The package gets to 59C as do a couple cores. The other cores maxed out around 56C or 57C. I have the watercooler fans set to ramp to max speed at 60C

I cannot get the system to boot into Windows 10 with a multiplier higher than 37. I would like to try to get the CPU to run a little bit faster than 4.625 max. I'm afraid I've reached the end of my knowledge. I'm not sure what setting to tweak to try to get a little extra out of the CPU. I am also aware that every CPU is different and it's possible that I may have hit the max for this CPU, but I wonder if that's not the case. The temperatures are so low that I have to imagine there's more headroom in that CPU.

Anyone with experience with the Rampage V Extreme mobo who could please give me some pointers I would greatly appreciate it. I'm willing to post whatever additional information might be desired.

Here's a little more info for now:

I have the memory set to the XMP 1 profile to run the memory at it's stated speed. It has been set this way since I first setup the system and I have not changed it.

I have not changed the cache multiplier. I think it's sitting at 24 where it has always been.

For stress test I'm using the stress CPU option in CPU-Z (I'm open to suggestions on another tool).

MOTHERBOARD:
Asus Rampage V Extreme:
ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme/U3.1 LGA2011-V3 DDR4 M.2 ACWiFi USB 3.1 Type A Intel X99 eATX Motherboard

RAM:
32GB DDR4 3000:
G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory Model F4-3000C15Q-32GRK

Back