Overclockaholics.com 3dMark 2001 Low Clock Overclocking Contest

V2V3

n00b
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know there is a low clock contest going on right now

Kingpin has LN2 CPU and GPU Pots up for prizes!!!
CPU F1EE pots and GPU Tek-9 5.0 pots!!!

Here is the contest as quoted from overclockaholics.com

like to the official contest thread http://www.overclockaholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=582

Overclockaholics.com 3dMark 2001 Low Clock Overclocking Contest
"Bringing Overclockers together one contest at a time.........."

Contest Begins/Ends: This contest will being starting on Friday, June 19, 2009 and run about a month ending on Sunday, July 12, 2009-ish. (Rules/Conditions may be adjusted prior to begin date so double check)

*************** Please Read Carefully********************

CPU Clock Restriction: 4200Mhz and not a single .0001Mhz over.
Benchmark Restrictions Single GPU Class: Nature cap = 1200fps
Benchmark Restrictions Multi GPU Class: Nature cap = 1400fps
Hardware Restrictions: Single sockets only. Hardware must be your personal hardware.
Forum Restrictions: 50 post minimum to play (no spamming, meaningful posts only!)
socializing to create posts is encouraged! ;)

Hardware Classes/Prizes:

• Any CPU, Multi GPU = First Place gets Prize#1,
  • Any CPU, Singe GPU = First Place gets Prize #2
(Single GPU means 1 gpu. Multi-GPU means more than 1 GPU. 9800gx2=Multi )

Rules:

Valid submissions rules:

1. A link to the futuremark ORB website with a comment referring to this event
  2. No custom tweaked mobo bios
  3. A screen shot of the benchmark results that clearly displays your score ** no obscuring of pictures or overlapping important information on validation windows**
  4. you must have an open text document with your name, the date and "Overclockaholics 3D Mark 2001 contest"
  5. Only one prize per entrant. You may run multiple systems but will only be able to redeem one prize for top scores in that category.
  6. the following validation tools must be visible in the screen shot
. "Officical Discussion" thread in the "Overclocking Competition" Section HERE

Example Post:
Score | Operating System
Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX6700 | EVGA X-58 FTW | PC3200 1200mhz 2x1gb | 7800 GS/Ice Cubes | hd2400/8 Stager Cascade
attachment.php

View attachment 306

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=9490000
__________________________________________________________________________________

No hacking, cheating, Photoshoping, score sharing or borrowing.

Prize # 1 :

This is our first contest and our first opportunity to work out any bugs in the rules that could effect future competitions. It's our time to have some fun getting to know 3DMark2001 and have a shot at winning some cool prizes.

Many thanks goes out to Vince a.k.a. K|ngp|n for the hardware
Visit www.KingpingCooling.com for product info. ______________________________
Standings...................... In the following post (Updated at end of each day)

low clock means there are limits on CPU speed and frame rates in the GPU benchmark, this allows everyone to compete on a fair playing field.

you wont need the best/most expensive hardware and liquid nitrogen cooling to win this competition!

basicly.. it means that you dont really need LN2 cooling to do the contest.. especially if you have a intel 45nm dual core since they all can do between 4.0-4.2ghz long enough to finish a 3dmark2001 test.. and most high end intel quads can do 4ghz long enough to do a 3dmark2001 test.. the only ones that will require LN2 would be the phenom II's to reach the 4.2ghz limit.. but whats going to be the tough part is making sure it stays at/under 4.2ghz.. since phenom II clocks can vary a lot.. for example my 3.5ghz phenom II 940 will bounce between 3496mhz and 3536mhz..

if i had a better motherboard that could reach 3.8ghz atleast on my phenom II id enter this since i know my poor old 8800GT is an overclocking beast even on air..

btw i like the contest idea.. makes it a challange but also allows more people to enter the contest using every day hardware/cooling.. hopefully this idea works out and its held more often.. so good luck to ya guys/gals..

Back