Overclock profile prevents W7 wake from sleep

Jellylesg

2[H]4U
My desktop was unable to wake from a sleep state for years. I recently realised this was because of an overclock, as when I reset to factory recently there was no issue with it waking, and creating a new OC profile (and only OC changes, nothing else) it stops waking from sleep again, forcing a hard restart. When "waking" the fans spin and everything appears active, but the display doesn't initiate. I thought it was an issue with the monitor(s), but testing eliminated that. I also thought it might be an issue with the GPU, but again, it appears not.

I did everything I could find when googling over the years like tweaking the advanced settings in power options, changing permissions of USB devices in device manager and so on and so on. I'm now 100% certain it's an issue with the motherboard as other users have reported it with this chipset, but I've yet to find any posts which report a solution.

Asus P8P67 Pro. i5 2500k. 6950 Pro. Anyone encountered this before, and more importantly, solved it?

S3 sleep bug is common to P67 (and other intel) chipsets. Nothing really you can do about it. Maybe add a little more voltage to your OC, it may or may not help.

Are you referring to a software overclock ?

BIOS

LigTasm said:
S3 sleep bug is common to P67 (and other intel) chipsets. Nothing really you can do about it. Maybe add a little more voltage to your OC, it may or may not help.

Balls. Any coping mechanisms (by which I mean the closest you can get to a reliable, low-power idle/sleep state) you know of? I used to have the computer set to sleep and switch off displays with three minutes of inactivity, back when it woke instantly, and it saved a good deal of energy.

Back