Overclock i7-2600K on ASUS P8P67 Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

wongnog

n00b
I seem to be having trouble overclocking my i7-2600K on an ASUS P8P67 Deluxe. I'm running the 1053 beta bios and I'm confused about the difference between the bios OC Turbo feature and the windows AI Suite II Auto-Tune program. In bios, the oc turbo gives me a turbo overclock of 43x103, but the autotune program only gives me 38x100. It says it will do stability testing but it never reboots my system to try anything higher. I'm a bit confused because 38x100 is stock turbo speeds. Also if my bios is set at 43x103, as soon as I boot cpu-z tells me I'm at max 3.8ghz on load. Does the AI suite override the bios settings? I have the same problem with fan xpert. In bios I have q-fan set on standard for both CPU and chassis fans, but once windows posts and AI suite opens, fan xpert defaults them both to disabled. If I manually change them to standard or silent, the changes don't seem to be saved on next reboot. Also I can't seem to change my turbo multiplier within the turbo EVO app. There's a button for turbo oc and it says to press ok and it will change something in my bios to enable multiplier changes within windows upon reboot. But after rebooting, it still says I need to enable turbo oc.

I'm hoping someone with a similar setup can give me a hand. It certainly seems more difficult than the newegg video on YouTube, where the asus rep just pushed a few buttons and got 48x100 in no time.

My other components are a new cooler master hyper 212+, OCZ modxtreme 700, 2x4gb mushkin silverline ddr3-1333.

Ignore the easy overclock options. I just did everything in the bios advanced mode. Following the Newegg video gives you good idea of what settings to use, and then, you can tweak them to your desire speeds.

Last edited:
If you can put a 2nd fan on the 212 for push-pull configuration cooling. The new 2nd gen chips like the be cooled good to get the good speeds.

>>> In the Advanced Interface A.I. Tweaker menu set the AI OC Tuner to Manual.
>>> Set the core multipliers to ALL Cores and set them EACH to a good value like 46. (you will have to change in bios each time to increase or decrease)
>>> Scroll on down to the Digital -VRM
>>> Set Load Line Calibration to ULTRA HIGH
>>> Set Phase to EXTREME
>>> Set Compensation to EXTREME

>>> Set Voltages to Manual mode
>>> Set CPU to 1.35 (If the computer won't boot try bumping this in one step increments to 1.4)
>>> Set DRAM to 1.65
LEAVE ALL OTHER SETTINGS TO AUTO LIKE THEY WERE BEFORE. (Some people set PLL to 1.9v but I had better luck leaving in auto)

Go to the link and download the CPUID Reviewers kit and run some test.
http://www.cpuid.com/news/36-cpuid_reviewer_kit_for_intel_sandy_bridge.html

I do have two new sflex sff21f case fans, I could move one to the 212. So I'll leave one case fan blowing out the back of my case, but which side should I put the sflex on the 212? I read that one has to be stronger than the other but not sure which one.

If you can put a 2nd fan on the 212 for push-pull configuration cooling. The new 2nd gen chips like the be cooled good to get the good speeds.

>>> In the Advanced Interface A.I. Tweaker menu set the AI OC Tuner to Manual.
>>> Set the core multipliers to ALL Cores and set them EACH to a good value like 46. (you will have to change in bios each time to increase or decrease)
>>> Scroll on down to the Digital -VRM
>>> Set Load Line Calibration to ULTRA HIGH
>>> Set Phase to EXTREME
>>> Set Compensation to EXTREME

>>> Set Voltages to Manual mode
>>> Set CPU to 1.35 (If the computer won't boot try bumping this in one step increments to 1.4)
>>> Set DRAM to 1.65
LEAVE ALL OTHER SETTINGS TO AUTO LIKE THEY WERE BEFORE. (Some people set PLL to 1.9v but I had better luck leaving in auto)

Go to the link and download the CPUID Reviewers kit and run some test.
http://www.cpuid.com/news/36-cpuid_reviewer_kit_for_intel_sandy_bridge.html

why set DRAM to 1.65?

I think you only need 1.65 if that's what your memory is rated for. Otherwise set it to 1.5.

My question is how come whatever voltage I set in bios, CPU-Z 1.2.6.5 always reports 1.248 volts? Is it just a bug in the beta version?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

that's vdrop, its normal if you set the load line to extreme it should keep it someone in check, if you don't it will drop like crazy!

Someone needs to make a STICKY thread on i5 2500k and i7 2600k overclocking, as many people are running into over clocking Issues...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you only need 1.65 if that's what your memory is rated for. Otherwise set it to 1.5.

My question is how come whatever voltage I set in bios, CPU-Z 1.2.6.5 always reports 1.248 volts? Is it just a bug in the beta version?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Because there is no such thing as good DDR 3 ram that can't run at 1.65.

You can leave it at auto if you like,.... just personal preference.

I do have two new sflex sff21f case fans, I could move one to the 212. So I'll leave one case fan blowing out the back of my case, but which side should I put the sflex on the 212? I read that one has to be stronger than the other but not sure which one.
;)

I'd have the fan on the 212 forcing the air out toward the rear or up to the top "Exhaust" fan.

I'd have the fan on the 212 forcing the air out toward the rear or up to the top "Exhaust" fan.

Thanks, so should I leave the stock fan where it is (behind the cooler in push mode) and the SFlex fan on the other side pulling? Also can I plug the 2nd fan onto my boards PWR_FAN connector so Q-Fan and FanXpert can adjust the fan speed?

I see no problem with letting the board control the 2nd fan. Nice feature that the Asus board have that.

Heres where mine is currently at.

2600K4700hz1344.jpg

Set blk for 100.0 mhz and never touch it again, any other setting limits high overclocks.

I must be doing something wrong because no matter what VCore I set, it always goes to 1.248 V on load. Same with the BCLK, I can set it at 105 in BIOS but in then in CPU-Z it always shows as 100. Because of this strange phenomenon, I can't get my system any faster than 44 x 100. I've tried setting VCore to 1.45 V and 1.10 V in BIOS, both settings bring me to to 1.248 V in CPU-Z. Have I enabled something I shouldn't have?

You could try loading optimized defaults and starting again. I have LLC enabled and a vcore offset of +.085v added, this lets it lower volts as normal with speed step but gives me 1.35 under load.

Edit: Update.. I couldn't get above 4.5 until I changed my VRM frequency to 350.. Now I can hit 5.0GHz stable!

Last edited:
[smacks head] I solved my problem, for some reason it was the 1053 Beta BIOS. As soon as I flashed back to 1003 official, I could bump VCore to 1.4 and heat 4.8Ghz easy. Only thing is my temps are pretty high, on load it's in the low 80's°C

[smacks head] I solved my problem, for some reason it was the 1053 Beta BIOS. As soon as I flashed back to 1003 official, I could bump VCore to 1.4 and heat 4.8Ghz easy. Only thing is my temps are pretty high, on load it's in the low 80's°C

I would bet it's not your Bios. With the correct version of CPUZ it reads fine. Just some thoughts though. If you happy stay with the 1003. ;)

You could try loading optimized defaults and starting again. I have LLC enabled and a vcore offset of +.085v added, this lets it lower volts as normal with speed step but gives me 1.35 under load.

This post got me thinking so I spent a few hours messin around with OFFSET overclocking. :D

I'm back at 4.7 with a max of 1.4v and the voltage and CPU freq change as needed. So it's only MAX if I need it and so far running all the Just Cause benchmarks have not put my temps over 52c. I can still get the chip to 90c in Intel Burn test with MAX settings but that's not real world running. All other test tools never go above 80c.

Anyway here the settings to adjust. Mine are in ().

In the EFI Bios
Go to Advanced Menu
Go to Ai Overclocking Menu

>>>Set Ai OC Tuner -------- Manual
>>>BLCK Freq should always be 100
>>>Turbo Ratio ------- By All Cores
>>>Set the Core speed as Desired (I did 47)
>>>Internal PLL -------- Enabled
>>>Memory Freq ------Auto or if you have better than 1333MHz speed, make that selection
>>> EPU Power switching------- Enabled
>>> EPU Setting --------- Auto

Go in the CPU Power Management

>>>Set CPU Ratio as Desired --------- (I did 47)
>>>Enhanced Speed Step ------ Enabled
>>> Turbo mode ------ Enabled
All other modes ------- AUTO
ESC back to the Ai OC Tuner

Digi+VRM

>>>Load Line Calibration ----- Ultra High
>>>VRM ----- AUTO
>>> Phase ----- Extreme
>>>Duty Cycle ---- T.Probe
>>>CPU Capability ------ 100%
>>>CPU Voltage ------ Offset
Offset Mode Sign ----- +
CPU Offset ------ As Desired (Mine is 0.050 for 1.4v max max shown in CPUZ)

ALL else is set to AUTO

Last edited:
This post got me thinking so I spent a few hours messin around with OFFSET overclocking. :D

I'm back at 4.7 with a max of 1.4v and the voltage and CPU freq change as needed. So it's only MAX if I need it and so far running all the Just Cause benchmarks have not put my temps over 52c. I can still get the chip to 90c in Intel Burn test with MAX settings but that's not real world running. All other test tools never go above 80c.

Anyway here the settings to adjust. Mine are in ().

That is way too hot, I don't think your heatsink is seated right. My max temp in Intel Burn Test is 64C.

Probably right as I only used a very light coat of thermal past too. My H70 will be here today and after I lap it I'll make sure it has a better coat of Arctic Silver 5.

I have NEVER had good luck spreading. The uncooked grain of rice sized blob hasn't let me down yet.

Also, AS5 is pretty well outclassed by newer TIM's, particuarly once you go over 60C. I personally recommend IC Diamond 7.

Hi All,
This may not be the right thread for it but hoping you all can help. I'm not an extreme overclocker but I like doing this to get a little more out of the chip...
Specs:
i7 2600K
12gb mushkin stiletto 1333
H50 corsair cooler
P8P67 Deluxe, 1003 bios

I guess i have two issues:

I have reformatted my machine twice and the first time i did the install i cannot overclock without having the Asus suite installed on windows. (I did switch to not allow OS to change the clock). Every time i try to set the OC in the bios its just reverts back to stock speeds

So i reinstalled windows and decided to use the Asus suite as I didn't want to bother to much with doing this in the bios and keep it simple; strange thing happens, when the Asus suite starts the OC process it does it at 43 multiplier with 4.2MHz BCLK...i let it run any way. Its says I have successfully OC'd my machine 000%. I checked the bios and cpu-z it shows that I'm OC'd to 4300 MHz, and i can continue to adjust it higher in the bios which is fine but the Asus suite still shows my BCLK as 4.2 with the multipler as 43.

Any thoughts? I have reinstalled the Asus suite again and still have the same issue.

Thanks

I seem to be having trouble overclocking my i7-2600K on an ASUS P8P67 Deluxe. I'm running the 1053 beta bios and I'm confused about the difference between the bios OC Turbo feature and the windows AI Suite II Auto-Tune program. In bios, the oc turbo gives me a turbo overclock of 43x103, but the autotune program only gives me 38x100. It says it will do stability testing but it never reboots my system to try anything higher. I'm a bit confused because 38x100 is stock turbo speeds. Also if my bios is set at 43x103, as soon as I boot cpu-z tells me I'm at max 3.8ghz on load. Does the AI suite override the bios settings? I have the same problem with fan xpert. In bios I have q-fan set on standard for both CPU and chassis fans, but once windows posts and AI suite opens, fan xpert defaults them both to disabled. If I manually change them to standard or silent, the changes don't seem to be saved on next reboot. Also I can't seem to change my turbo multiplier within the turbo EVO app. There's a button for turbo oc and it says to press ok and it will change something in my bios to enable multiplier changes within windows upon reboot. But after rebooting, it still says I need to enable turbo oc.

I'm hoping someone with a similar setup can give me a hand. It certainly seems more difficult than the newegg video on YouTube, where the asus rep just pushed a few buttons and got 48x100 in no time.

My other components are a new cooler master hyper 212+, OCZ modxtreme 700, 2x4gb mushkin silverline ddr3-1333.

Hi All:

I am following up on this thread because the topics are somewhat the same. I am new here and new to OCing in general. I have not had time to search thoroughly. My problem should be easy to solve, but ...?

I started with the build identified below--using the post Rev B3 ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, a 2600K, and the ASUS BIOS that comes with the board (your might want to read ahead on more details of my build(s)). At this point, I am only interested in OCing the Turbo Boost mode using the Ai Suite II from within Win7, but also tried a got-nowhere OCing starting with disabling Turbo Boost, etc. (more later, perhaps).

So, back to my first attempt--just OCing Turbo Boost using Al Suite ll TurboV EVO--auto mode. I had no initial trouble using my prior-to Rev B3 board. I easily OC'd to about 4500+ (103 X 44) MHz and, presumably, could have gone farther since stability was not a problem (see build(s) below).

Without trying to go farther (except with RAM), I was getting CPU scores of 11,000+ using the latest 64-bit Passmark performance test. Without OCing Turbo Boost, I was, and still am, getting 9300+ on this test. Both values seem to be pretty much par for the course.

As implied below, I was, given my limited knowledge, unable to get the OCZ RAM above 1066. I tried to get 1333 by upping the RAM voltage from 1.5V to 1.65V. I got a panic attack and subsequently could no longer use the method described above to OC.

Thinking something might be wrong with the processor I RMA'ed it. Shortly after I received it, my Rev 3B board arrived (latest ASUS supplied BIOS and software), and I rebuilt, including the change to 8 GB Corsair Vengeance now running well at 1648 MHz (1.5V)--as indicated below.

Everything, again, seemed just perfect, but, as above, I cannot OC Turbo Boost using Al Suite ll TurboV EVO--auto mode. I go through the steps and everything looks right including the way the auto mode works. However, I cannot get any OCing done--except that the BCLK moves from 100 to 103--which is fine by me given my goal.

As before, I can not find any evidence that I have OC'd--using the latest CPU-Z--CPU-Z 157, the latest AIDA64 Ultimate, the Passmark test, Ai Suite 11 CPU monitoring, or the WEI (my processor score is 7.6, but was 7.9 when I originally could OC).

I have tried several things in the BIOS to get my processor OC'd. Most importantly, perhaps, I have tried with the OC Turner set to both OK and Cancel. After trying to OC, I find that the Tuner always ends up in the OK mode. I think that is why my BCLK moves to 103--a 3% OC. At least I now understand a bit about how the BIOS works and interacts with Al Suite ll.

Perhaps, I should increase the Vcore voltage to something above its current 1.280V? Would doing so likely cure the problem?

Here is my build. It's my first, and I had no problems through setting up my RAID 0:

Intel 2600k (OC Turbo Mode to 4.62 GHz with prior-to Rev B3 board)
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
ASUS EN GTX 470 OC
Cooler Master 932 haf
Cooler Master Silent Pro 850W
Prior Board: 8 GB OCZ Reaper @ 1066
Rev B3: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1648
64 Bit Win7 Ultimate RAID 0 on WD Caviar Black SATA 3.0's
Pioneer Blu-ray Burner
Samsung DVD Burner

I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide.

Last edited:
Lock blk at 100 and don't change it, you should be clocking with multiplier only as the blk change causes stability issues as clocks increase.

Yeah drop it to 100. Now run prime 95. If it fails push the vcore up by 0.025. Then prime it again for 5 min. If it fails. Back to bios 0.025. Repeat it till it passes.

For the ram you need to oc the IMC as well with the VccSa. If your ram fails up it by 0.025 till you reach 1.2v or if it passes.

I appreciate what you both say and for having replied. But, I want to stick with what I want to do. This is what I want to do--OC Turbo Boost using Al Suite ll TurboV EVO--auto mode.

As indicated, I had no initial trouble dong so using my prior-to Rev B3 board. I easily OC'd Turbo Boost to about 4500+ (103 X 44) MHz using the procedure I want to use and, presumably, could have gone farther since stability was not a problem. I am unable to duplicate this feat with my Rev B3 board/software.

Do you have any idea why I can't get the desired features to work as advertised on the Rev B3 board? The on-screen behavior occurring while using my procedure looks just right. At the end, I am congratulated for having achieved the over-clocking result of, say, 4500+ (103 X 44). The BIOS looks right after using my procedure, but no OCing actually has occurred.

Any thoughts along the lines I want to proceed for now? Thanks again.

PS: Using detailed instructions from elsewhere, I have proceed along the lines you suggest. But, the board acts like is not completely unlocked. I end up with seemingly inconsistent settings, and no over-clocking occurs. Perhaps you would provide detailed settings for OCing having disabled Turbo Boost. Without detailed instructions, I would be unable to follow through on what you both suggest because of my inexperience with OCing.

Last edited:
You say that you have little experience with overclocking, then you come back and say you want to do what you want to do...

Sounds to me like you have enough experience to solve this yourself.

Try installing the newest intel management engine software. And make sure core (turbo) multiplier control is set to OS controlled instead of BIOS controlled.

That's not very helpful. I want to do what I want to do because it is simple--or at least it was on my original board. Do you know how to do what I want to do? Alternatively, can you provide me with the details of what you think I should do? I will try them. There is no way I can do what you think I should do with the instructions others gave earlier. Many, many additional settings potentially must be changed. I think the chip on your shoulder might want to fall off if you give it a chance.

Last edited:
You say that you have little experience with overclocking, then you come back and say you want to do what you want to do...

Sounds to me like you have enough experience to solve this yourself.

Try installing the newest intel management engine software. And make sure core (turbo) multiplier control is set to OS controlled instead of BIOS controlled.

I have the latest BIOS and have installed all the latest ASUS software via the revised disk that came with my new board. How do I "make sure core (turbo) multiplier control is set to OS controlled instead of BIOS controlled." As far as I know I have done so, but see no specific settings that corresponds closely to your chosen words. Can you be more specific on what you are saying? Reading between the lines, I agree that it looks like something is overriding OCing Turbo Boost while in Win7.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
And make sure core (turbo) multiplier control is set to OS controlled instead of BIOS controlled.

One more thought. At times, I may have tried to do what you say by setting the CPU ratio to 34. If I go higher, Turbo Boost becomes disabled. Having proceeded as indicated, would Turbo Boost be re-enabled in Win 7 by using the Win7 based procedure I am trying to make work again--as it did originally on my first board? But, on the other hand, it doesn't seem like I should sort of advocate a CPU ratio of 34--which contradicts the CPU ratio I should be after--i.e., about 44 or so. Sorry if I am sort of rambling at this point. My brain is fried from trying to figure out how to make what seems like a very simple procedure work--as it did on my original board.

That's not very helpful. I want to do what I want to do because it is simple--or at least it was on my original board. Do you know how to do what I want to do? Alternatively, can you provide me with the details of what you think I should do? I will try them. There is no way I can do what you think I should do with the instructions others gave earlier. Many, many additional settings potentially must be changed. I think the chip on your shoulder might want to fall off if you give it a chance.

Sorry but you are the one coming off as unhelpful and stubborn. Overclocking Sandy Bridge manually is trivially easy and certainly easier than fucking around with the auto overclocking BS. There are dozens of good step by step guides out there for this and it only involves setting vcore and the multiplier for anything up to 4.7ghz.

If you are going to come here to ask questions, you should be willing to accept answers which are different than your preconceived outcome. Otherwise, what's the point of asking if you refuse to change anything anyway?

Sorry but you are the one coming off as unhelpful and stubborn. Overclocking Sandy Bridge manually is trivially easy and certainly easier than fucking around with the auto overclocking BS. There are dozens of good step by step guides out there for this and it only involves setting vcore and the multiplier for anything up to 4.7ghz.

If you are going to come here to ask questions, you should be willing to accept answers which are different than your preconceived outcome. Otherwise, what's the point of asking if you refuse to change anything anyway?
It seems to me that I can come here with my own question that I would like answered. None of the 3 or 4 replying to me have been interested in answering the question I asked. I can't believe that the first two or so even realized what my question is. And, I am not too sure you did either.

Answering a question not asked is not very helpful unless you intend to take me all the way to doing what you apparently want me to do. I have explained that all I am interested in, for now, is OCing Turbo Boost while in Win7. I don't think it is to much to ask how to do so--given my odd problem. I am aware that there is a difference in OCing my CPU as a whole versus just OCing Turbo Boost. I am not ready to become capable enough to do a credible job of the first. So, I am taking baby steps. I did try some of the instructions found online and for one reason or another they were too incomplete to provide me with useful results. Almost fried my CPU following one set of instructions. How would I know whose instructions are credible and whose are not? I don't know anything about OCing, but am willing to learn on my own schedule.

I also understand that the superior way to do things probably is the way you three or four mention. But, there is no reason to disrespect what I want to do because it is not the best in your opinion. It is consistent with my current ability except that I am having an odd problem. What I want to do is very simple as I can ignore a multitude of factors which I do not begin to understand. You say, oh, just set the BCLK and the multiplyer and away you go. Well, not true if you don't know much about voltages, and on and on and on. There are many options that I would have no idea how to set.

So, if you know how to do what I want to do--which is the question I ask, I would appreciate your help. Seems to me that the question ought to be interesting to answer given what all I mention in my original write up.

Are you going to help me do what works for me or what would work for you recognizing the vast differences in our abilities? If the later, please give me detailed instructions so I can ask questions when I don't understand. Using other online instructions, in general, is not a good play for me since I have no idea which instructions are good and which are bad.

Last edited:
OK, so apparently no one will help me with the issue raised. Apparently, I am supposed to OC the way you want me to regardless of my goals and reasons. I can assue you that doing what you want me to do is not going to happen in the short run.

As indicated, I want only to make an advertised feature on the ASUS board work. I had it working on my pre-Rev B3 board, but it quit working. And, I can't get it to work at all on my Rev B3 board, although the on-screen appearance is that all is working properly (except that no OC actual occurs).

A main reason I bought this board was to have a very fast computer when it comes to Turbo Boost. I use the computer for heavy-duty photo editing and movie making. I have no interest in OCing the CPU as a whole having disabled Turbo Boost (which one must do to OC "as a whole"}. I could care less about playing games. In the back of my mind is learning more about OCing at my own pace. But I am in no hurry on this matter.

This is an odd place. It reflects an interesting attitude.

"Do it our way, regardless of what you are trying to accomplish or what you legitimately want to do, or hit the highway. We have no interest in helping you if you raise questions about, or ask for help on, things we are uninterested in and would not do ourselves."

Go to the asus forums then and quit trolling around here, I doubt many will miss your self righteous rhetoric and pious attitude. The [H] is one of the most helpful tech forums I know, we simply don't accomodate arrogant noobs who join and immediately begin talking trash when others try to show a better way.

Whatever. I wish I was crude enough to add the adjectives that describe you and your behavior. But, I can't bring myself to do so.

Last edited:
I think the resistance/lack of help you're getting is because you want to overclock by only using the software, which is something that probably not a lot of people here have experience with, especially given the ease with which you can overclock these chips through the BIOS/manually. The setting Falkentyne mentioned is in the BIOS, you'll have to boot there to change it. All Sandy Bridge overclocking is done by overclocking the Turbo Boost feature - so doing it in software or in the BIOS isn't any different. On this board, the easiest way to get what you want is to boot into the BIOS, change the Turbo Multiplier manually to 44, and then save the settings and reboot. Leaving all the other settings, including voltages, on Auto should be fine at that overclock.

If you don't want to do that, and the software auto-overclocking isn't working like it used to, perhaps something else has changed in your configuration or BIOS settings? Did you change any of the power saving feature sin the BIOS? Have you tried loading the optimized defaults and then trying the auto-overclock again?

Thanks very much for the thoughtful reply. What you say below makes sense.

"I think the resistance/lack of help you're getting is because you want to overclock by only using the software, which is something that probably not a lot of people here have experience with, especially given the ease with which you can overclock these chips through the BIOS/manually."

I totally did not understand what you say below. I had looked at a youtube video--which appeared to say not. But, I think you know what you are talking about. Here is what I did not understand:

"All Sandy Bridge overclocking is done by overclocking the Turbo Boost feature ..."

"So, OK, I'll try it in BIOS. I had tried before but ran into a problem with Turbo Boost becoming deactivated. Here is what I had done. The procedure is similar to what you mentioned, Besides setting the "BCLK" to 100 and setting "By All Cores ...) to 44, I also made a change in the "Advanced" menu. I also changed "CPU Ratio" to 44. Having done so, "Turbo Mode" became disabled. I thought that the implication would be that OCing would be sans "Turbo Ratio" enabled--as the youtube video suggested. Apparently, I should leave "CPU Ratio" set to"Auto." Given what is said under "Advanced, when highlighting "CPU Ratio," I though that I should "manually adjust the maximum non-turbo CPU ratio"--which, given that "Turbo Mode" was disabled, seemed to be 44.

Thank you very much again. I will do what you say. However, I have one more question before proceeding. Apparently, my failed attempt at OCing automatically via software resulted in some BIOS changes--as the manual says it will (i.e., some things no longer are on auto). Also, I think that my OCing by software attempt produced my "Target CPU Turbo-Mode Speed: 4635MHz" and my "Target DRAM Speed: 1648MHz." My DRAM does run at this speed. The other changes are "Load-line Calibration" to "Regular," "Phase Control" to "Standard," and "Duty Control" to "T.Probe." I am not sure if these items were changed: "VRM Frequency" is on "Auto" and "VRM Spread Spectrum" is set to "Disabled," I think that "CPU Current Capability" remained unchanged at "100%."

I will start my BIOs OCing at 44, although I might eventually push it to 45 or 46. Are the setting I have identified OK for the range 44 to 46?

Thanks very much again. I probably will wait awhile to hear from you again before beginning at 44.

Highest regards, Znod

Last edited:
I think all those setting would be fine. There was a recommendation to set the VRM frequency to 350 to help with stability, but I think that is only required for higher overclocks. I would recommend leaving the CPU Ratio in the Advanced menu set to Auto. I'm not at my computer now to check all the options, but I think if you Load Optimized Defaults and then change only the Turbo Multiplier (By All Cores) to 44, and save it, you'll probably get acceptable results. There are other things you can tweak, but 44 is not so high an overclock so you can probably get by with just changing the one setting.

Also, you will probably need to set your DRAM speed manually (DDR3-1600) as it may default to 1333. You can try turning the Phase Control and Duty Cycle setting to their next higher level, but again, for 44, I don't think it is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back