Over Ten Minutes Of Dead Island Footage

Looks pretty cool. The focus on melee over guns seems fun. There's a hint of Far Cry 2 about it though.

Reminds me of Redneck Rampage and Postal because of the way you can interact with zombies. Nice that you aren't just a floating blob in this like many other "next gen" games.

It also doesn't look as pretty as I thought it would. Probably due to compression and the like though. It still looks good, just not amazing.

Looks like it could be fun.

Looks pretty good imo. As much as zombies are over played I like the game mechanics/missions.

it certainly has a little bit of Boderlands feel which was not what I anticipated here. it does look like it could be quite entertaining though.

graphics seem a bit odd though. some parts like the view and terrain look good while other parts like the vehicles and some objects and walls look really low res.

it looks great. It could really do with better textures, less jaggy shadows, etc in the PC version though

it looks great. It could really do with better textures, less jaggy shadows, etc in the PC version though
Keep in mind this game has been in development for several years. They are likely working with old textures. It's like Duke Forever in that respect.

Will there ever again be games where there aren't constantly floating numbers in the middle of the screen reminding me it's a game and giving a sense of "reward" to ADHD kids??

I hadn't played a battlefield game since 1942, but even in hardcore mode in BC2 it's constantly letting me know when I killed someone, so I know when I can stop shooting and move on. How is that hardcore?!

/rant

Yeah but it's probably still quite a long ways off, probably not even gonna come out in 2011. Lots of time to polish the rough edges.

I really hope this game is good and they do a good job at porting it. This video is definitely for the Xbox because you can see the buttons popup when the character can interact with items or doors.

This game had so much potential, but after watching that video it seems like it's just completely saturated with gimmicks. The main character spits out one-liners like she's Duke Nukem, there's a "challenge" for everything and... an electric machete? I might be able to forgive that last one, but I sincerely hope there's a way to turn off the quips and achievements, or I doubt I'll be picking this one up.

Interesting weapon names...RPG-ish. Anyway, looks cool, and co-op is probably going to make it pretty much an instant buy. I would have liked to see more limb hacking in the video, though. 99% of the time they pretty much just went for the head, but this game is supposed to have epic mutilation physics, so it would have been nice to see more of that.

Will there ever again be games where there aren't constantly floating numbers in the middle of the screen reminding me it's a game and giving a sense of "reward" to ADHD kids??

I hadn't played a battlefield game since 1942, but even in hardcore mode in BC2 it's constantly letting me know when I killed someone, so I know when I can stop shooting and move on. How is that hardcore?!

/rant

There will be some games like that, but they sure are becoming a much rarer breed. Red Orchestra 2 may even go a bit further by having delayed kill messages - you may end up not knowing if you've killed an enemy or not.

Though, it would seem as if all the zombie games have moved away from that sort of style...

/rant

Dead Space barely has any UI

Seems like it could be decent. I hope they polish it up nicely and get rid of that stutter/framerate loss at times.

Reminds me of Just Cause 2 with Zombies.
I'll get this if it's for PC.

This game doesn't look like any other game. It looks like the devs took their time to make a proper zombie survival game. The ways that you can interact with the environment look very promising.

Looks awesome. Love companies that try new ideas. 4 Player Co-op is already enough for me to get it.

I'm not sure what to make of the weapon crafting. For the Dead Rising world, duct taping knives to a double sided oar is funny, but it just seems out of place for a realistic looking world like they're trying to portray in Dead Island.

Then again, its just a quick demo. I'll reserve my opinion, but for now, I'm having doubts.

Ive been really looking forward to this game on the pc ... but after seeing the preview. Not so sure now ... ya like someone said before the whole dead rising - make wierd weapons thing seems a bit far fetched.

I mean I can understand a baseball at with nails but thats as far as I would go etc ...
Still could be quite cool.

I was hoping for a open field type of zombie survival game with different quests.

Well see ...

I was hoping for a more serious/scary game like was portrayed in the first trailer, but I guess this could be good too.

The guy talking was really bad at showing the game off, he didnt explain crap. also whats with the electric machete, and he says ya their wont be a lot of guns, because we wanted to make it realistic and there wouldnt be a whole lot of guns on the island. a minute or two later he shows you a c4 knife, really...really... if they dont even have guns on the island and they are trying to be realistic wtf is c4 doing laying around? even so I cant wait.

Ive been really looking forward to this game on the pc ... but after seeing the preview. Not so sure now ... ya like someone said before the whole dead rising - make wierd weapons thing seems a bit far fetched.

I mean I can understand a baseball at with nails but thats as far as I would go etc ...
Still could be quite cool.

I was hoping for a open field type of zombie survival game with different quests.

Well see ...

maybe it will be moddable and people will make a realistic mod. The weapon thing seems kinda silly to me. I also liked the idea of a more realistic, open world zombie apocalypse game.

He emphasized the fact that you can craft weapons on that bench and combine materials to make new weapons.

Im down for this. This preview left me a bit iffy, but whatever, hard to make a bad zombie game.

Back