Outward survival RPG

Did anyone pick this up? For those that did, what do you think so far?

I’m really intrigued by the few let’s play style videos I’ve watched (I loved the Gothic and Risen series btw) but I’m worried my ‘F5’ / ‘F9’ habits are so ingrained I may get too frustrated by repeated combat losses. The coop also seems like it would be a blast, which has me more intrigued since we don’t see many games of this style with a proper co-op system.

I just recently started seeing a lot of talk about this game and had not even heard about it until yesterday. Viral marketing gone bad?

Don't know how I feel about the gameplay I've seen. Beneath the surface it reminds me of Dauntless. I also actually despise "roguelites" for the most part.

I've been watching Robbaz stream it on Twitch today. It appears to be a chill game; the world looks interesting but the gameplay seems like a sandbox with no direction and the standard survival-game tedium.

It's alright.

It's definitely 10x more fun co-op. By myself there's not much immersiveness - I was able to play No Man's Sky for 100 hours by myself but it had a lot more depth than this.

It doesn't have a lot going for it storywise, graphics wise, and TBH there's nothing special or smooth about the combat. It plays like a clunky survival game made by an indie developer. I do like playing it with my brother and just exploring - nothing about the content is locked, which is nice. I was able to sneak into a dungeon and loot some chests with some awesome loot and get out without being detected, made things interesting when I got some cool gear early on.

It's alright.

It's definitely 10x more fun co-op. By myself there's not much immersiveness - I was able to play No Man's Sky for 100 hours by myself but it had a lot more depth than this.

It doesn't have a lot going for it storywise, graphics wise, and TBH there's nothing special or smooth about the combat. It plays like a clunky survival game made by an indie developer. I do like playing it with my brother and just exploring - nothing about the content is locked, which is nice. I was able to sneak into a dungeon and loot some chests with some awesome loot and get out without being detected, made things interesting when I got some cool gear early on.
I caved and picked it up too. I agree the world doesn’t feel very alive which makes single player feel less engaging. The combat early on isn’t as brutal as some of the Gothic games, which is good considering the defeat system, so it’s not as frustrating as I was expecting. I love the dungeon exploration so far, feels dangerous and rewarding. The survival aspects aren’t too demanding either.

Really looking forward to trying coop though. That’s where the game seems like it would really shine.

I need a new RPG in my life, just not sure about this one.

Going to give this game a try tommorow just tried it for a few seconds looks pretty nice the main menu at character selection though had me worried.
5.99 on Epic after the x-mas coupon.

I put about 15hrs into Outward last year, it had some good concepts but just felt too bare bone for me.

This is a feels good game has all the good stuff without holding your hand and penlty isn't bad no fast travel from what I can see you don't even have map marker just a map. Died about 10 times because I went the wrong way. When you die in the wildlands overview you are taken to a fort or cave with your belonging in a packpack I lost my staff though so using a mace. Graphics might be dated but it doesn't matter when it's a good RPG I would be suprised if Baldurs Gate 3 even comes close to this. When you take a hit you need badages I don't have any so you just die =) You can eat the wrong stuff and die I died from drinking salt water lol.

2020-04-08 (5).png
2020-04-08 (18).png

I died out in the wild and I lost my Backpack so I'm backing up all my saves when I'm doing ok if you lose your backpack it's a big blow and takes a good amount of time to recover. I found a shield combo works pretty good because alot of the Ai is dumb so far in the game I died maybe 30 times in the game already this one big bug just nuked me with lighting.

Last edited:
I have no idea if I can kill anything in this zone haven't tried yet the vender prices are way out of my reach don't know what the best way to get coin in this area. City of Berg I went to the other zone but it looks pretty dangerous so I went to the forest. Update: Just got a Rage skill that adds 50% damage and a better shield but I never learned all the skills from the starting location trainer. Need some better armor I figured out how to craft leather armor out of starting armor but hoping I just find some.

Last edited:
19 Hours in this game is a grind basically money is hard to come by. So I used flings cheat trainer while still in Berg. It took me a good part of this morning to gather stuff for a set of armor but alot skills are like 600 gold. I went back to my city where you started and it's run over by bandits and everyone is dead. Just using the trainer to give me a edge for now but won't use it after this =) Just want to play for the story and not the grind. You could easily spend 100+ hours in this game it might not look like it but you could easily if played the legit way. There isn't no fast travel as far as I know except logging in another character and joining their game.

2020-04-16 (36).jpg

I wanna try this but I'm afraid I'll walk away from it pretty quick..

Outward: Definitive Edition has been announced by Canadian developer Nine Dots Studio...this new version of the game will be for PC and next-gen consoles only, and will include some quality-of-life updates, new challenges and other content...

Outward: Definitive Edition has been announced by Canadian developer Nine Dots Studio...this new version of the game will be for PC and next-gen consoles only, and will include some quality-of-life updates, new challenges and other content...

Have had this on my list to play forever and never can pull the trigger. Maybe this update will be the one that pushes me to finally do it.

This game is really good but it's like Everquest very long game I cheated so I didn't have to grind.

Back