Outward survival RPG

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by Comixbooks, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

This looks pretty good actually

Armenius, Artificiary and Andym22 like this.
  2. Artificiary

Artificiary Gawd

Did anyone pick this up? For those that did, what do you think so far?

I’m really intrigued by the few let’s play style videos I’ve watched (I loved the Gothic and Risen series btw) but I’m worried my ‘F5’ / ‘F9’ habits are so ingrained I may get too frustrated by repeated combat losses. The coop also seems like it would be a blast, which has me more intrigued since we don’t see many games of this style with a proper co-op system.

Armenius likes this.
  3. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

I just recently started seeing a lot of talk about this game and had not even heard about it until yesterday. Viral marketing gone bad?

Don't know how I feel about the gameplay I've seen. Beneath the surface it reminds me of Dauntless. I also actually despise "roguelites" for the most part.

4. Bankie

Bankie [H]ard|Gawd

I've been watching Robbaz stream it on Twitch today. It appears to be a chill game; the world looks interesting but the gameplay seems like a sandbox with no direction and the standard survival-game tedium.

5. delita

delita [H]ard|Gawd

It's alright.

It's definitely 10x more fun co-op. By myself there's not much immersiveness - I was able to play No Man's Sky for 100 hours by myself but it had a lot more depth than this.

It doesn't have a lot going for it storywise, graphics wise, and TBH there's nothing special or smooth about the combat. It plays like a clunky survival game made by an indie developer. I do like playing it with my brother and just exploring - nothing about the content is locked, which is nice. I was able to sneak into a dungeon and loot some chests with some awesome loot and get out without being detected, made things interesting when I got some cool gear early on.

6. Artificiary

Artificiary Gawd

I caved and picked it up too. I agree the world doesn’t feel very alive which makes single player feel less engaging. The combat early on isn’t as brutal as some of the Gothic games, which is good considering the defeat system, so it’s not as frustrating as I was expecting. I love the dungeon exploration so far, feels dangerous and rewarding. The survival aspects aren’t too demanding either.

Really looking forward to trying coop though. That’s where the game seems like it would really shine.

7. w35t

w35t [H]ard|Gawd

I need a new RPG in my life, just not sure about this one.