Outriders Demo, Start up error?

Diablo2K

Supreme [H]ardness
Got a new laptop and got a free copy of Outriders so I downloaded the demo to check it out, after install I get the following error when trying to start the game.
error.jpg

I have tried every "FIX" I could find on google but still get the error. The game runs fine on my desktop but I want to see it on my Laptop which is a much better machine.

Try downloading and installing the newest video card driver from your laptop's manufacturer website.

Try downloading and installing the newest video card driver from your laptop's manufacturer website.
I checked both Nvidia and Lenovo website and both say I have the latest drivers.

I am also getting a crash on startup of Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order. Everything else is working just fine including Doom Eternal, Star Wars Battlefront II, Star Wars Squadrons ect.

I would try reinstalling them anyway. Maybe even do a DDU beforehand.

I'll try that, thank you.

[edit] No luck, I even ran DDU in safe mode like it suggested and still the same error/crash. :(
There has to be some other software issue going on. Can you go into Event Viewer to get clues to what it points to? I would also do what pendragon1 suggests. Start by going into the game's redist folder in the install location and manually running the installers in there. I would also get .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and 4.8 if you don't already have them.

You said it was a Lenovo laptop. Can you tell us what model it is? What version of Windows 10 is installed?

The laptop is a Lenovo Legion 5 17" with a RTX2060 GPU and a 10750H CPU and 16gigs of ram. Running the 20H2 version of Windows Home.

I'll look for those files and install them.

I am thinking it's an issue with the .NET Framework. If that doesn't work, then try running a system file check on Windows in an elevated command prompt.

Run this, first:
Code:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

After that finishes:
Code:
sfc /scannow

You need to be connected to the internet when you do this.

I am thinking it's an issue with the .NET Framework. If that doesn't work, then try running a system file check on Windows in an elevated command prompt.

Run this, first:
Code:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

After that finishes:
Code:
sfc /scannow

You need to be connected to the internet when you do this.
I'll try that.

I uninstalled the Demo and installed the full game and I get the same error

[edit:] Still not working.

[2nd edit] Got tired of not being able to play the game so I reinstalled Windows installed Steam and installed Outriders before doing anything else and now the game is working. No idea why it wasn't working before, sucks I had to do that to get a game working.

Last edited:
Back