Outriders Demo, Start up error?

Diablo2K

Supreme [H]ardness
Got a new laptop and got a free copy of Outriders so I downloaded the demo to check it out, after install I get the following error when trying to start the game.
error.jpg

I have tried every "FIX" I could find on google but still get the error. The game runs fine on my desktop but I want to see it on my Laptop which is a much better machine.

Armenius

Fully [H]
Try downloading and installing the newest video card driver from your laptop's manufacturer website.

Diablo2K

Supreme [H]ardness
Try downloading and installing the newest video card driver from your laptop's manufacturer website.
I checked both Nvidia and Lenovo website and both say I have the latest drivers.

I am also getting a crash on startup of Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order. Everything else is working just fine including Doom Eternal, Star Wars Battlefront II, Star Wars Squadrons ect.

Armenius

Fully [H]
I would try reinstalling them anyway. Maybe even do a DDU beforehand.

Armenius

Fully [H]
I'll try that, thank you.

[edit] No luck, I even ran DDU in safe mode like it suggested and still the same error/crash. :(
There has to be some other software issue going on. Can you go into Event Viewer to get clues to what it points to? I would also do what pendragon1 suggests. Start by going into the game's redist folder in the install location and manually running the installers in there. I would also get .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and 4.8 if you don't already have them.

You said it was a Lenovo laptop. Can you tell us what model it is? What version of Windows 10 is installed?

Diablo2K

Supreme [H]ardness
The laptop is a Lenovo Legion 5 17" with a RTX2060 GPU and a 10750H CPU and 16gigs of ram. Running the 20H2 version of Windows Home.

I'll look for those files and install them.

Armenius

Fully [H]
I am thinking it's an issue with the .NET Framework. If that doesn't work, then try running a system file check on Windows in an elevated command prompt.

Run this, first:
Code:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

After that finishes:
Code:
sfc /scannow

You need to be connected to the internet when you do this.

Diablo2K

Supreme [H]ardness
I am thinking it's an issue with the .NET Framework. If that doesn't work, then try running a system file check on Windows in an elevated command prompt.

Run this, first:
Code:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

After that finishes:
Code:
sfc /scannow

You need to be connected to the internet when you do this.
I'll try that.

I uninstalled the Demo and installed the full game and I get the same error

[edit:] Still not working.

[2nd edit] Got tired of not being able to play the game so I reinstalled Windows installed Steam and installed Outriders before doing anything else and now the game is working. No idea why it wasn't working before, sucks I had to do that to get a game working.

Last edited: