Output Laptop to TV

MTXR

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello [H],

I've been searching for a solution to this problem now for awhile. I have a lenovo x61t which i would like to output to the tv.

My tv doesn't have any fancy connections but it has svideo/composite. Is there any type of connector or adapter i can use?

I have seen some USB to svideo but they are all trying to capture a signal instead of outputting the signal...

Thanks

Dang, it seems there are pretty much zero options. I might just get a new laptop one of these days with more external video outputs.

Thanks for the help everyone.

I'm not sure if the tablet video card supports TV-out through the external VGA port.
Something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/EFORCITY-VGA-S-Video-RCA-Adaptor/dp/B000P3UB24

Ugh. It doesn't. NO CONSUMER LEVEL VIDEO CARD DOES. Those things are for certain TV's, DVD players, projectors, etc. Pretty much any CE device. God. I wish these things would fucking go away cause anyone who can't read the fine print on them thinks they'll work or just suggestions them when they know nothing about them. :rolleyes:

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for the help everyone.

Seems like failhelp so far, telling you it doesn't exist. This sort of trick used to be quite popular, although it's getting so it is often unnecessary. Here's one example I found after two minutes on Monoprice:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10114&cs_id=1011407&p_id=4724&seq=1&format=2

47241.jpg

Want to hook up your computer to your TV but your TV doesn't have a VGA input? Then this is your solution. This converter box will convert a VGA computer display signal into a composite (Yellow RCA) and/or S-video TV display signal. It even has a VGA pass through so that you can keep your computer monitor connected while sending a signal to the TV. All outputs are driven simultaneously. Simple to use. It has fine tuning controls to adjust the picture to your preferance. It draws power from an available USB port using a supplied USB power cable. Video cables are also included.

The picture quality is obviously going to be lowered both because of the type of connection you're using and because you need an active adapter box (and this is a cheap one at that). But it will work.

BTW install Windows 7 RC on your x61t if you haven't yet. You have to run some of the drivers in compatibility mode for Vista RTM to get some stuff to work, and you need a beta install for the fingerprint reader...but the touchscreen goes from mediocre sensitivity to working quite well, and ink has a slew of improvements also. Oh and it's faster, more stable...boots cold in about a minute or so. Intel flash memory issues, gone. I think it's still available free and the RC is good until June 2010.

Last edited:
They have a fairly liberal return policy...if you can't find anything better, review it yourself.

oh wow, i didn't know win 7 had drastic improvements in ink and touch.... i'll have to look into that.

Thanks for the help ashmedai

Nice find, but I wish there were reviews for it. They only have ratings.
Some of the user-reviews on it are somewhat informative.

Actually, with all of the 10 star reviews it got, it looks like the perfect product for you...and only $26? it's a no-brainer imho.

It seems to be two way, meaning you can use it for video output and input (record).

oh wow, i didn't know win 7 had drastic improvements in ink and touch.... i'll have to look into that.

Thanks for the help ashmedai

The touchscreen seriously goes from so awkward that I only use it for reading PDFs to so good that it's bumping up against what you'd expect from a capacitive touch design. Now I just need more software with good touch-friendly UIs.

Back