Outlook trouble

shmitty

Gawd
My aunt just bought a new computer, she has troubles w/ Vista so had XP installed on it, she's now having trouble w/ outlooks spell check. Here's what she typed,
When I got my computer last month (a new Acer desktop) I asked to have Vista over-ridden and bought XP home and had it installed. That is what all my work is done and saved in. I have read awful reviews about Vista and I didn't want it.I always use my spell check in Outlook before I send any email. I have come to depend on it. Now every time I spell check anything it is in French (or something!)and will not "drop down bar" to anything but! English is not even there.

If anyone has run into this before or has an idea of what would cause the problem some input would be great. I won't be able to touch her computer for another week or so.

Do you happen to know which version of Outlook she's using? I'm running 07 and to change the dictionary to all languages:

Outlook 2007 - Tools > Options > Spelling > Spelling and Autocorrection > Proofing > Custom Dictionaries > change the option to All dictionaries.

Outlook 2002(XP)/2003 - Tools > Options > Spelling > International Dictionaries option to English (US)

I'd check those first.

Who did the install of XP?
You dont mention Outlook being purchased/installed....was it, or is she using Outlook Express?

Maybe she got a grey market Office or Outlook package?

Back