Outlook Is Currently Down

HardOCP News

[H] News
Outlook is currently down. Microsoft is aware of the problem and the company says it is fixing the problem as we speak. Thanks to everyone that sent this one in (except Outlook users that obviously couldn't ;)).

The suckers that have bought into Office 365 and Skydrive are now feeling the true power of The Cloud™

Now I can't log in to my GFWL account and play my GFWL games! And they said DRM would never be an issue.

Looks like that bottom right red box should be updated: 0

1376335644EtEzC1IF1j_1_1_l.jpg

Outlook working fine here.
Ah, I'm not using the pretend version :p

My paid Exchange 365 account is working fine.. haven't had a problem with it at all today.

It's back up now. At least mine is. I had a hard time loading some folders and searching wasn't working.

I'm confused...

How can all of outlook be down? It just connects to the Exchange server of my liking, no?

At least mine wasn't down today.

Did they introduce some BS cloud dependency in the new Outlook?

They probably mean outlook.com (hotmail) which would have nothing to do with Office 365 or any Office Outlook stuff.

When I tried to order Office, Home and Student 2012, a week of so ago, all of the Microsoft sytems were down, for at least five days.

Serves them Right for "Putting all of their Eggs in One Basket (Cloud), and when it goes down, their fancy on-line system reverts to the "Stone Age", and everyone I talked to didn't have the slightest idea of what to do with out it either.

This includes the .com, my outlook/hotmail app will send me a notification when connection is lost.

Still screwed up for me. Claims everything is working except mobile syncing, but can't get to email at all even via the website. Love the 5-hour old status update message ... which should probably just read "we have no smegging clue what's wrong so we're randomly restarting things and hoping for the best" at this point.

The suckers that have bought into Office 365 and Skydrive are now feeling the true power of The Cloud™

company i work for is switching to 365....we have exchange servers and everything one new hardware and now they decide to switch. Why you would want business critical stuff somewhere your people can't manage is beyond me.

if exchange goes down, we have a people on it with in minutes and it can resolved fast.

company i work for is switching to 365....we have exchange servers and everything one new hardware and now they decide to switch. Why you would want business critical stuff somewhere your people can't manage is beyond me.

if exchange goes down, we have a people on it with in minutes and it can resolved fast.

Agreed its moronic.
Also because you have no control over who gets access to it, the admins/managers who approved it should be sacked.
If they cant backup the database either, I am speechless.

I think I should start complaining about stuff this doesn't effect either just to bit h about it. This is why windows shouldn't run programs that were created by programming teams that have people over the age of 50 or females on it. Obviously they don't know anything about computers and cause the space station to stop spinning correctly.

There now I fit in with others in a thread about hotmail being down

They probably mean outlook.com (hotmail) which would have nothing to do with Office 365 or any Office Outlook stuff.

And that's why Windows RT failed. The same name for a different product that does similar things but is not the same. Oy!

Been running my own mail server since 2011 on my own hardware. No regrets.

My Outlook still works...but it's real Outlook, as in not the crappy online cloud bullshit version.

So they can outsource their IT needs. Suppose to save them money in the long run. I am betting that some companies will fail due to moving all their services to the "cloud".

outlook.com is working now but it doesn't work on mobile devices. Its really annoying having to go through safari then to outlook.com to check two different email addresses. Only reason why im sticking around is because i have had these addresses for years.

I just logged into outlook.com and when I use Opera I just get a blank page. Have to use IE to be able to read my outlook email. WTF?

Most CEOs, CFOs and executives are business and accounting majors. They see nothing beyond numbers. The cost of IT hardware, software and internal support exceeds that of a paid/hosted solution, so they naturally assume it's a better business decision to have everything hosted. Regardless of consequences, most corporations do everything in their legal power to show growth and profit to investors. This includes liquidating tangible assets, laying off key/crucial workforce and making short sighted business decisions all in the name of money. After all, if their business decisions don't work out, executives can generally open up their golden parachutes, cash in on millions in company stock and float gracefully to the next unsuspecting company...

Ive had that issue before if I'm already logged into a microsoft account with that browser that doesnt have mail. For example I have a work MS account and a personal MS account. If I log into my work account and use skydrive then go to outlook.com I get a blank page. I have to log out first and go to my personal account. Or use a dif browser

Ahh, This makes a lot more sense now. I had no idea they changed the name of Hotmail to Outlook...

I haven't had a hotmail account since I closed my original one in '97 I think...

That was really annoying. MS Live mail was back up this morning. I should just get rid of that annoying junk. It way too often prompts to re-login, refresh due to changes made on its end and hella annoying UI. I don't want a cheap, limited clone of OWA. People put up with OWA because of integration with an internal Exchange server and its features, and the "outlook" interface for non-exchange server users is just pointless.

Unfortunate side effect of installing an updated NSA box.

:)

I think I should start complaining about stuff this doesn't effect either just to bit h about it. This is why windows shouldn't run programs that were created by programming teams that have people over the age of 50 or females on it. Obviously they don't know anything about computers and cause the space station to stop spinning correctly.

There now I fit in with others in a thread about hotmail being down

Who let the Facebook programmer in here. :D

Back