Outlook and Authentication

ben chi(f4)

2[H]4U
So, my DHCP server now serves out the default GW just fine. My problem is when a user initially sets up outlook... the final "log onto server" I click finish and then a log on screen pops up. Is there anyway to auto authenticate so that users don't have to type in any of this information?

It should pass through credentials if you're already logged in with the account you setup the client with. What version are we talking?

Are your computers part of an AD? One might get the impression since you mentioned getting the GW working that you might be using hosted exchange, and exchange autologin is linked with AD credentials. If it is hosted do you have AD integration setup right?

Are your DNS servers setup correctly in DHCP?

In other words, can the client ping the exchange server by name?

Is DHCP handing out the AD DNS server IPs? Are your users logging on to the computers with AD accounts? Every domain I've ever been on that had exchange it was just log on for the first time, hit the outlook button, hit next a bunch of times, done. The only time I've ever seen a prompt for logging on is if you reboot the CA server they're on.

Back