Outlook 2016 w/out Email Acct - Just want Contacts & Calender to sync w/ Android Phone

bob4432

Limp Gawd
I am trying to use Outlook 2016 (have been through many versions of office) with no email, just for calender and contact information, and have done this for a LONG time using older versions of Outlook. I followed this tutorial - https://www.systoolsgroup.com/updates/use-outlook-without-email-account/ which is similiar to a lot of others telling you how to do it, but as soon as I get things set up, as soon as I close Outlook 2016 and try to restart it, I get the screen saying I need an email account. If anybody can help me figure out how to get back in Outlook 2016 w/out and email and use my .pst that has years of data and hundreds of contacts that would be very helpful. FWIW I am running Outlook 2016, v1911 (Build 12228.20364 Click-to-Run)
Thanks in advance,
Bob

https://www.msoutlook.info/question/using-outlook-without-an-email-account, I just set up a profile under "Previous versions of Outlook" and it seems to do what you need, you will just need to attach to the ost, otherwise export data to a pst and then import it into the new ost.
For some reason things were not working they way they were suppose to, but after following another tutorial, it somehow allowed outlook to finally start up fully, and then I was able to import my .pst. It was/is a weird bug that I really do not think MS programmed for it to work the way it did. Maybe my laptop config, mixed w/ other programs caused some type of issue. I never viewed the one screen that said 'use outlook w/out an email account'. I do appreciate your assistance, though as I am now able to start outlook up and get to just my calendar and contacts, which is what I needed.
Bob

Using Outlook is a necessity or an informed choice? I just often hear unflattering reviews about it.

Using Outlook is a necessity or an informed choice? I just often hear unflattering reviews about it.
It is an informed choice, and again I use is just to keep old contacts with a backup of my google calendar (sync'd to my phone). So my needs are very limited. I am sure if I were to use it as an email client along w/ everything else it has to offer, there are probably better tools for the job.

Back