Outlook 2013 Google Apps IMAP: The item cannot be moved. It was already ...

Cerulean

[H]F Junkie
I have a couple users at another company I support who are getting this error message when they try to move any message to any folder:

The item cannot be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, access was denied, or the server is unavailable.

I am about to create and delete folders without any errors.

If I try to move a message from Inbox to another folder, I receive the error, then check and see that it is there ... um, but now it's in two places: Inbox and the folder I tried to move it to.

If I try to delete the duplicate message, the cursor changes the the rotating animation for a split second and that's it. Nothing actually happened -- message is still there.

Any ideas? :(

Google Apps is weird like that. There are no real "folders" per se. It's all just labels and IMAP + Outlook = problems. If you go into the gmail.com is the email under the labeled folder and inbox? It's a clusterfuck to be honest. If you remove the account from Outlook and re-add it, does it still happen? Have them use the web client is the ultimate answer IMHO.

Old-school Free GApps acct or Paid?
Old-school free Google Apps; grandfathered in.

I will try re-adding the accounts to Outlook. It wasn't always like this. This is relatively new sometime in the last 3-4 weeks.

I will also check webmail.

Didn't recreate but deleted the .OST cache file for the IMAP account.

I should have just renamed it, because now they lost their address books and any folder they created outside of the [Gmail] folder. :\ Attempted to recover the OST file with Piriform Recuva but it couldn't get a 100% recovery. :(

Never Delete, especially in today's world of ginormous hard drives that most business users never fill up. Always Rename ;)

Did the rebuilt OST work?

Back