Outlook 2007 internet cals not working? Windows Live ID down/changed?

mr_zen256

2[H]4U
We use Outlook 2007 internet calendars at work for sharing calendars between users and in the past couple of days all users have been getting a popup request for internet calendar username and password.

Usually, this is simply due to the user not being logged in with their Windows Live ID for outlook to Authenticate with Office Online.

I have tried logging our users back in with: https://login.live.com

This appears to be a new Windows Live ID login as "passport.net" is down.

Is anyone else having issues with Office 2007 internet calendars?

Last edited:
Completely unrelated:

The other day, I (and a bunch of other people) had a problem downloading our gamer profiles form Games for Windows Live. We could log in, everything seemed to be going fine, but the profile couldn't be downloaded. We all received error messages about our network configuration being the problem. Microsoft reported that the problem was sporadic and I don't recall ever seeing an announcement that it was officially fixed, however it's working fine for me now.

I bring this up because my Windows Live ID is what I use to sign into GFWL. There still might be some sort of an outage that hasn't been resolved. It's probably best to check with Microsoft on the issue, though.

Apparently MS is phasing out web services for earlier Office versions. This includes the internet calendar services for both Outlook 2007 and 2010. Using a 3rd Party cloud webDAV provider looks to be a good workaround for this issue.

I signed up for a free account at Cloudsafe. There are probably a ton of alternative cloud storage providers with similar webDAV capabilities. A quick google and you should find a whole heap. I chose Cloudsafe because they seem to have a greater emphasis on security and encryption.

Once signed up, I created a new "Safe" and enabled "webDAV" on that safe. Once that safe has webDAV enabled you can use the webDAV address, email address for the Cloudsafe account along with the webDAV access code to share your internet calendars. This is working for our small team of 10 users.

When you share your internet calendar in Outlook, just make sure you select "Publish to webDAV", then enter the log in credentials supplied from the webDAV server and you should be good to go.

Back