Outlook 2007: Can't turn off delay delivery

Spartacus

2[H]4U
I have a user running Win7Pro/Office 2007 on a 2003 SBS with a weird Outlook problem.

New messages will get stuck in the Outbox and when you look at the Options, Delay Delivery is automatically enabled to send at 5PM on the current day. You turn it off and then go back and look at it again and it's checked again.... can't turn it off. Turning off Cached Mode doesn't help and no rules are configured. If you create a new blank message the Delay Delivery box is already checked/enabled, turn it off, it comes back on.

Looks like lots of people are having this problem with no solutions as of yet. I'm seeing that people have tried new Outlook profiles and all of the "normal fixes" when Outlook flips out. Looks like the MS experts that hang out in different forums are also stumped on this one.

Hopefully one of you guys has seen this and know what this is......

I'll post the solution to this since I've seen a lot of complaints posted about it.

I spent a little while playing with this and discovered that when you click the Delay Delivery button, it assumptively checks the box for you, it's not really that it's stuck on.

If you click the "Other Options" link right under the Delay Delivery button, you'll see that the Delay Delivery option is not checked/enabled when you see the Options menu appear.

It's curious though that test messages got hung up in the Outbox until I clicked the Other Options link and saw the Delay Delivery box unchecked. After I looked at it that way, all test messages shot right out fine. Almost like the option does stick on until you look at it with the Other Options link.

Anyway..... MS could have avoided a lot of problems by designing the buttons to work a little differently. It apparently throws off a lot of people the way it is.

Back