Outlook 2003, Send email from one user to a specfic folder.

f1y

Supreme [H]ardness
Up at work we have an Action Reuquest Ticket Service. When we have a problem or need something we open a ticket. Well everytime a ticket is opened it sends everyone on the distribution list an email.

How do I create a folder and get everything from this one user to go directly into it?

First, create the folder you want the emails to forward to. Then, up in the task bar, next to find is 'Organize,' they are little yellow blocks. Play around in there. It's pretty simple.

So I forgot all about the thread. It started bothering me agian when I got into work. Remebered the thread. and looked it up again.

I created a folder. Then right clicked on one of the emails.. Today was the first day in a year and half that I havn't had to sift through tons of emails from the Action Request system. Oh man, I love you guys. I put a *myusername. So anything that is mine comes through and goes to my normal inbox. I love you guys. You cut my work load by like 2%.. Doesn't sound like much, but that's 2% of my day I can spend doing [H]ard work ;)

Mr Guvernment is my hero!

hehe yup

it took me 4 years to get out CEO to use rules on his 4 emails accounts and now he loves them! makes life so much easier.. i go anal, i have a flder for every person in the company, before that i did devisions, like marketing, accounting, but now i jus find each person has their own folder makes it easier for me to find emails i need for things. same for person emails, stores / forums / newsletters et cetera.

Back