Outgoing email?

Do not reinstall windows because you can not send email. That will NOT solve anything for you.

On those two other systems that the outgoing email server works, are they in the same house and on the same network as the machine that it does not work on?

Or are they on another network with another ISP?

What I am getting at is SMTP servers (if setup properly) only allow you to send mail through them if you are on their network or authenitacate with them (different than auth. with the POP server to recieve your mail). Are you getting an error message like "No relay allowed"? Also it is important that you take note of the EXACT error message and number assoiciate with it, makes debugging it easier.

If it is a relay issue, then all you need to do is find out the correct SMTP server for your network, and use that for you outgoing SMTP setting (leave the incoming POP setting the same).

Your using the same SMTP server on both PC's?

Make sure you don't have "My Server Requires Authentication" for outgoing mail check also.

Originally posted by beachbum
Okay, i have formated and reinstalled windows and.....it works! yay okay problem solved, I still dont know what was preventing emails from going through.

And now that reinstalling windows, you probably never will. You never told us what the error message was? I am sure this issue could have been solved without a reinstall.

"The message could not be send because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's email addresss was 'gcorbin'. Subject 'GOD DAMNIT', account 'mail.mchsi.com', Server: 'mail.mchsi.com', Protocal SMPT, Server Response:'501 need user@domain at <gcorbin>', Port 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:501, Error Number: 0x800CCC78"

I was due for a format anywho.

Well it looks like it was because your email address was not correct. The server was trying to validate a senders email of "gcorbin" . That is not a valid email address, unless you stripped it for the forums, you should have an "@something" on the end.

E-mail address was correct, i tried 2 email addresses and they both worked on another computer on the same network, I even downloaded the outlook express registery config from my host, and it still didnt work.

E-mail address was correct, i tried 2 email addresses and they both worked on another computer on the same network, I even downloaded the outlook express registery config from my host, and it still didnt work.

Well according to the error message you posted your SENDER email address was incorrect. And if you just had "gcorbin" set to the SENDER address as the message stated then it is most certianly is incorrect.

im 100% sure it was correct and it was 2 email accounts i tryed and got the same thing.

Was the email address actually 'gcorbin' or did you change it?. NOTE, not the email address you were sending to, the email address you were sending from.

mail.gcorbin.com

Please read the error message you pasted a few posts up. Did you modify that?

mail.gcorbin.com is the format of a domain name, not an email address.

That's your mail _server_ properties, what is your EMAIL ADDRESS. The error message says it is 'gcorbin', is that really correct, or did you edit that for us?

In short what everone is asking is since the error message says this:
"Server Response:'501 need user@domain at <gcorbin>',"

Are you giving the server gcorbin as the address instead of something like [email protected]?

Last edited:
Back