"out-of-pocket" cost...

UG_PL

Limp Gawd
Seriously guys. Do you not get what "out-of-pocket" cost means? It is before mail in rebate. $19.99 for a HD5450 is not "out-of-pocket" cost ! Out of pocket means how much you pay to actually get the item. And that $1000,000,0000 mail in rebate you getting in the next 15 centuries does not count. So please spare my 12 gauge shot gun shells because if I see someone using it incorrectly again, I'll blast my brains in to paste.

Thank you and have a blessing day.

Get over it. Most people have no problems with rebates.

I think you've got this in the wrong section.

It should be in the "I don't give a damn section", probably in the sub-forum titled "Don't bitch about [H]er's sharing good deals".

If you can't find it, let me know and I'll get you a link.

Over 4 years a member and still not knowing where to post this? geez...

Seriously guys. Do you not get what "out-of-pocket" cost means? It is before mail in rebate. $19.99 for a HD5450 is not "out-of-pocket" cost ! Out of pocket means how much you pay to actually get the item. And that $1000,000,0000 mail in rebate you getting in the next 15 centuries does not count. So please spare my 12 gauge shot gun shells because if I see someone using it incorrectly again, I'll blast my brains in to paste.

Fantastic story, thank you for sharing.

I feel the same way when people tell me about the "great deal on (insert item) for $40 from Best Buy that comes with a $10 Best Buy gift card, so really it's only $30". No, it's still $40 of cash that comes out of your pocket. $10 of Best Buy play money is not real money.

Not a big deal though- it's not like anyone is forcing me to buy it or that I can't read and see for myself what the real cost is. And yeah this thread really doesn't belong here.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the post clearly states "after MIR". Either way, why so butthurt? Ignore and move on.... probably what I should have done for this post.

you'll be/you're*

My-Grammar-Is-Gooder-575x431.jpg

No, no....thank you!!!

I would guess living paycheck to paycheck so that $40 now and $20 back later hurts as much as $40 now with nothing off, is also a bad practice.

I think your ammo will be quite happy about turning you to paste.

After reading this post, Jesus spawned out of nowhere behind me. When I turned around he poked me with a needle, LOL'ed and said "Yo, I'm Jesus. You got AIDS bro! LOL!" then he disappeared. I hate you OP. Thanks.

Lots of flaming going on, but there shouldn't be any argument about what 'out of pocket cost' means. I can relate because I get annoyed when people make a thread titled:
"BLAH BLAH BLAH $100 shipped!!!"
then you see that it will actually cost you $150 and then you can eventually expect $50 in MIR.

By the way, most people are NOT ok with MIRs. I don't understand how someone could possibly think the general public is fine with that.

Lots of flaming going on, but there shouldn't be any argument about what 'out of pocket cost' means. I can relate because I get annoyed when people make a thread titled:
"BLAH BLAH BLAH $100 shipped!!!"
then you see that it will actually cost you $150 and then you can eventually expect $50 in MIR.

By the way, most people are NOT ok with MIRs. I don't understand how someone could possibly think the general public is fine with that.

Three things:

1. I believe it wasn't what he was saying but how he was saying it that got him flamed.
2. Of course most people are not okay with MIR's. That's kind of obvious. Even the people that accept them don't necessarily like them, they just accept them to save some money on something that they more than likely really need and this way is cheaper.
3. Also, I call BS on a thread called "BLAH BLAH BLAH $100 shipped!!!". Even after MIR, that's still an awesome deal. Link please!!!

Oh yeah, and I believe he originally posted this in the Hot Deals section (it was moved)...fyi

Rebates are just a tricky sales tactic to get you to buy something that you normally wouldn't. Nothing wrong with that. The scam is when you never get the rebate.

I've been waiting 6 months for a rebate from MSI.

I like the story, is it based on a true story or fiction? Will there be any more?

Yea I wasn't on anyone's side or anything. But even if it is a good deal, the price "shipped" is the amount that is charged to your account at the time of purchase.

Just start policing the HD section, and when they don't say "it's $$$.00AMIR" (after mail in rebate) correct them :)

OP your sort of right though it would be better to refer to it as upfront cost as that term is far less fuzzy but dude no need to be so dramatic about it. there are ton's of things about these forums that drive me nuts like people who will say a q6600 for $100 dollars is a great deal but will tell someone trying to sell a core i7 920 for $150 that hes overpriced. but theres no need to get upset about them just accept that thats who the user base is here and move on with your life. I mean if no one is doing anything that hurts anyone else or affects your personally why let it bother you.

Back