our military is switching to AMD!!!!!!!!!!

ALL4AMD

I Go to Court for Fun.
during my weekend drill i had the pleasure of setting up HPs /w A64s in them!!!!!!!! GOOD BYE DELL AND UR CRAPY PARTS. now to get the server rooms 2 get Opteron servers. any other service members here with AMD systems @ ur unit?

We're still using Dell's, I'm jealous. It'll be interesting to see if EDS (NMCI guys) qualify any AMD parts. That would be huge.

Does the military lease their systems? I know at work everything is leased :eek:

no mine was bought on an impac card, most of them are bought through G6/IMO though as far as i know

Hito Bahadur said:
We're still using Dell's, I'm jealous. It'll be interesting to see if EDS (NMCI guys) qualify any AMD parts. That would be huge.
Eventually when it comes to AMD Cpus from, being a Dell won't be a restriction no matter the use and that makes me Smile.

Depends which service you are in and what you are doing. All CONUS shore stations for the Navy and Marine Corps are served by the Navy Marine Corps Internet. This is the largest network in the world run by the company EDS (was run by Ross Perot). Any NMCI computers are provided through the contract and replaced and managed by them. Otherwise, it is up to the local command policy how they get computers. IMPAC card (credit card) or larger contracts (lots of contract vehicles). Most larger commands like to stick with one vendor because it makes things easier, especially when dealing with workstations. With servers, there is usually a little more variety. NMCI was/is almost all Dell workstations, except for a ruggedized laptop (was Dolsch). Servers were mainly Dell also, except they have a NAS device that was HP. I haven't looked at their list, though, in a couple of years so things may have changed.

I'd obviously take AMD over Intel, but I'd take Dell over HP EASILY (if I had to choose between them). And now Dell will be doing AMD too.

dandragonrage said:
I'd obviously take AMD over Intel, but I'd take Dell over HP EASILY (if I had to choose between them). And now Dell will be doing AMD too.
Dell will only use AMD for a couple servers though, right?

Back