Oukitel K10000 Pro Is a Phone with a 15-Day Battery Life

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Is that long enough of a battery life for you? I wish this was the new norm, rather than the obsession of making devices as thin as possible. Unfortunately, this phone is an import so it may be trickier someone in the States to get, but it’s an interesting glimpse of what a phone could pack if we thought less about its aesthetics: the K10000 has a 10,000mAh battery that could easily last over a week. How big would the blast be if the battery exploded, though?

Chinese-based manufacturer Oukitel has announced the K10000 Pro smartphone. It's the successor to the K10000 released in 2015 and there's just one thing they have in common. A mammoth 10,000mAh battery that claims to last up to 15 days on a single charge. Oukitel says the huge battery takes three and a half hours to recharge thanks to flash charge technology in the supplied 12V/2A charger. We recently reported on the LG X Power2, which has a 4,500mAh battery that can last up to 26 hours. The K10000 Pro simply laughs in the face of it and its comparatively puny battery life.

The huge extended battery I had on my galaxy s3 was awesome. I wish I could strap one onto my new phone :(.

Seriously. Why does thin matter so much especially when they're already so wide and long. Give me another ounce or 2 and let me get a full 9 hours out of it.
Specifically because it already is so wide and long. To make it really thick too would mean that much more bulge in your pocket.

But that's the beautiful thing about Android is that you have choice, and that's never a bad thing. If you want a 1080p screen with a massive battery, voila, problem solved. Choice is good.

For me, I prefer lighter weight and slim, along with wireless charging so when I set it down by the front door its always topped off effortlessly. I can't imagine myself being away for 15 days, but I can certainly see the appeal for some that are.

I own and used the k10000 (non pro) daily in the US on t-mobile and the only issue was it didn't support US 4g LTE bands, or any data bands.... It did do voice/text though and since I had wifi at work and home it wasn't really an issue. I ended up breaking it at work but it was a tough phone. Here's hoping the pro has data bands for the US! I want it so much.

I would be all for a slightly thicker phone if it meant alot more battery juice. I already put a case on every phone I've ever owned, and most of that is because I think phones are too thin. They just don't feel comfortable in my hands.

I'm all for big battery wars, fuck these slim phones. Sure, it's nice having slim ICs, now let's leverage that with fat-ass batteries!

Also, MSRP? Couldn't find one.

With wifi and bluetooth turned off my Nexus 5X gets more than 7 days... I charge it every Monday to 90% (full 100% probably would shorten the life of its Li-Ions).

I love my HTC One M8. Best built phone I have ever owned.

But I absolutely require a case on it. It's made from metal with a curved back that blends into a thin edge. Aesthetically, it's a beautiful design. Functionally, it's utter shit. It's like holding onto a bar of soap.

I've got no problems with them making the phones somewhat thicker to accommodate a bigger battery as long as I can still get my fingers around it. It also isn't a bad idea to provide some room for the batteries to vent. While we're at it, why not use some of that increased casing to help cool the onboard chips and batteries. I've seen micro-heatpipes on a few phones before, why not make them all metal and dissipate the heat across the entirety of the outer shell?

Specifically because it already is so wide and long. To make it really thick too would mean that much more bulge in your pocket.

But that's the beautiful thing about Android is that you have choice, and that's never a bad thing. If you want a 1080p screen with a massive battery, voila, problem solved. Choice is good.

For me, I prefer lighter weight and slim, along with wireless charging so when I set it down by the front door its always topped off effortlessly. I can't imagine myself being away for 15 days, but I can certainly see the appeal for some that are.

First let me say apple can kiss my ass, I'd never get an iphone, but there is very very limited choice on the android market in the US, because the wireless bands supported by phones is so fucking fragmented. Most of the best reasonably priced phones don't even work on any US carriers. And fuck if you can get a decent one with a big battery and less than 5in screen. The sony compacts are about the only ones in the US, and their build quality is complete shit. Hell you can barely get any bigger ones with a big battery, the companies that make them don't sell them here and even if you bought them out of the country they wouldn't support our networks.

There's zero chance this phone works on any networks in the US.

First let me say apple can kiss my ass, I'd never get an iphone, but there is very very limited choice on the android market in the US, because the wireless bands supported by phones is so fucking fragmented. Most of the best reasonably priced phones don't even work on any US carriers. And fuck if you can get a decent one with a big battery and less than 5in screen. The sony compacts are about the only ones in the US, and their build quality is complete shit. Hell you can barely get any bigger ones with a big battery, the companies that make them don't sell them here and even if you bought them out of the country they wouldn't support our networks.

There's zero chance this phone works on any networks in the US.
As far as I know, there are really just two major technologies, GSM and CDMA.

Most of the world is GSM, so phones will be able to go GSM that you buy on ebay generally (for example, all European phones are GSM by law). If you don't mind AT&T and TMobile, then no problemo, buy any international unlocked phone and voila. Problem solved. I think you only have an issue if you HAVE to use Sprint or Verizon, because then you need a CDMA phone, which AFAIK is really a proprietary USA thing.

From a consumer standpoint, from everything I have read, GSM is way superior and gives you way more power. So boycott Sprint and Verizon, only buy GSM phones, and the world is your oyster (except in my case I actually use Verizon because I got my phone free from work).

Most of the world is GSM, so phones will be able to go GSM that you buy on ebay generally (for example, all European phones are GSM by law). If you don't mind AT&T and TMobile, then no problemo, buy any international unlocked phone and voila. Problem solved. I think you only have an issue if you HAVE to use Sprint or Verizon, because then you need a CDMA phone, which AFAIK is really a proprietary USA thing.

From a consumer standpoint, from everything I have read, GSM is way superior and gives you way more power. So boycott Sprint and Verizon, only buy GSM phones, and the world is your oyster (except in my case I actually use Verizon because I got my phone free from work).

its more than just gsm vs cdma, though I agree gsm > cdma since it doesn't lock you to a carrier as hard.

Its the radio bands that the phone supports. In different countries there are different frequency bands available for 4g and the like. You can see the old oukitel k10000 only supported bands that were popular in asian countires here].

If that phone were running iOS (and designed by Apple) it would easily go another week with the radio on. (I'd guess about 24 days) I'm assuming they are quoting stand by time with it connected to cellular. As far as I know Android is still one of the worst for stand by, so while it's interesting they put a huge battery in it, what we really still need is some real improvements to idle drain.

I have an older Lumia phone that I use as a glorified alarm clock, and it has a whopping 1400mah battery. That was good for 3 - 4 days stand by radio on, and if you simply put it into airplane mode, it will go between 3 - 4 weeks before you need to charge it again. That's a 4 year old phone on 28nm. New phones coming out on 14nm or possibly even smaller this year are still worse than Apple / Nokia phones of years past. None of that probably means much to the [H] community that has 8 hours screen on time per day, but it shouldn't take a 10,000mah battery to get a phone that lasts more than a week. If Apple tossed a 3500mah battery into a 7, I'd bet it would last a full week with the radio on.

its more than just gsm vs cdma, though I agree gsm > cdma since it doesn't lock you to a carrier as hard.

Its the radio bands that the phone supports. In different countries there are different frequency bands available for 4g and the like. You can see the old oukitel k10000 only supported bands that were popular in asian countires here].
I clicked the link, and it says it has no problem with multiple US carriers: https://www.frequencycheck.com/compatibility/8bNVfAy/oukitel-k10000-lte/united-states

Could throw it on AT&T for 4G speed for example, and if I'm reading that, Tmobile would also work. *shrugs*

Yeah, US phones use odd bands, and AT&T even dropped support of 2g phones whereas there's a resurgence of tiny 2g candybar phones in europe which only take calls/sms and charge once a week, even a new version of the classic nokias. I have some great japanese & Hong Kong android phones but in the US, they were stuck at 3g speeds. Makes these chinese phones pretty pointless without a US specific radio.

That's what gets me, if a 10k mAh bat can be made for a phone, why the fuck are company's using 4k mAh? My mxpe is 3k, sux badly.

You do know that 4G LTE ( Which all the carriers use) is based on GSM right? CDMA is used for the 3G service and actually has its advantages. This is why Verizon 4G phones require a SIM card, a GSM Technology.

EDIT: Just wanted to point out that while everyone uses pretty much the same tech (4G LTE), The frequencies each carrier works on it quite different. This is the primary reason why some overseas phones dont work on US networks. If they don't have the hardware to support our frequencies, then it wont wont.

there's nothing wrong with a phone that big. I had no problem pocketing an equally thick blackberry. I'd take some extra size in the phone for a bigger battery.

I have said this for the longest time, yet we keep going the other direction.

The huge extended battery I had on my galaxy s3 was awesome. I wish I could strap one onto my new phone :(.

I had a 7,000mah battery in mine, still pocketed fine, and got a few days of battery life out of it.

I don't find the pocket bulge to be an issue at all, the battery in my s3 was massive, and you could not see it in my pocket, if I had on tighter jeans and sat down you could, but you can see my Pixel the same way. I also find todays phones to thin, myself I fine them hard to hold onto, big time one handed. Now, I don't expect that size, or even this size, but an extra 1,000mah would do wonders for most phones and only add some bulk.

But that's the beautiful thing about Android is that you have choice, and that's never a bad thing.

Do I though? Cuz 90% of phones all seem to be 99% similar to each other in dimensions.

https://www.productchart.com/smartphones/

Small screen (under 5), decent battery, a decently modern CPU; nothing exists. If I ignore the CPU/OS I can get a Kyocera running on KitKat... that doesn't work on Verizon or Sprint. "yay"

If I decide to just settle with a 5in screen my options open up to all the older models of the current lineup. Same basic form factor, just slightly smaller/thicker. But they'll all incredibly samey.

The HOMTOM HT20 looks decent too, but its an offbrand and doesn't look like it works in the US very reliably (probably missing some key bands).

So yeah, the real choice is whether I want a 16mp or 12mp camera, a curved edge or not, and maybe whether I get an SD card slot. Otherwise its all the same.

Do I though? Cuz 90% of phones all seem to be 99% similar to each other in dimensions.
You're asking for a pretty specific niche there, and you probably just need to look at battery life, not battery size. The smaller the screen means the smaller the device, and generally the lower the resolution which means a less powerful processor is needed to drive it and still get good battery life. The iPhone 7 for example is tiny by modern standards IMO, and it has under a 2K mah battery, and still lasts forever.

You also have to ask yourself, why do you want a small screen? Most people want as big a screen as possible, and perhaps you should ask yourself if what you REALLY care about is the overall size of the phone, not the screen size. The Kyocera as an example has a tiny screen, sure, but it has a massive bezel. Isn't it better to have a bigger screen that has virtually NO bezel? Most people, including me, think so.

That's what I love about the Galaxy S8+, that it has a screen to body ratio size of an UNHEARD of 84%, which is absolutely amazeballs!

hqdefault.jpg

So I think you just need to redefine your parameters.

So I think you just need to redefine your parameters.

I want a small phone with a decent battery. The point about the Kyocera is that the phone I want doesn't really exist, and you're telling me that I should just conform to the options that are out there...after telling me there are so many choices. The S8 is too big and its dimensions are within a few mm of every other flagship (and their previous models) out there. I have no real choice. I'd have a slider if there was one with modern hardware, but there isn't. The BB KeyOne is probably closest to what I want, but again, its still kinda too big. The lack of a bezel is just another negative on top of most new phones. And don't get me started on the loss of physical buttons on them too...ugh.

you're telling me that I should just conform to the options that are out there...after telling me there are so many choices.
Your reading comprehension is abysmal, and so you're getting worked up over things nobody said.

First, you got mad for no reason when I said that its nice this option exists, because options are good, and yes you have more hardware options with Android than alternative mobile OS's which isn't really a matter of opinion.

Secondly, I suggested that you need to redefine your parameters, and already explained in detail what I meant by that... but let me break it down. Lets say that there was a phone that had a 200K MAH car battery backpack attachment, but it had a run time of 10 hours (because it uses a weed wacker motor or something, lol). Would you still want it JUST because it has a big battery, or would you be smart and realize that the battery size doesn't matter and its the RUN TIME that you care about.

Make sense now?

I'm saying, stop looking at raw battery size, and look at run time.

Likewise, I explained that you're looking at screen size, when you probably don't REALLY care about screen size, you care about phone size, right? If I gave you a phone that was the size of a cinder block but had a 2" small LCD on the front, would you be happy that its a 2" phone, or would you be mad that its gigantic? Probably the latter, right? I don't know how else to reword that.

So as I said, IMO you should redefine your parameters, and stop focusing on battery size and screen size and get all mad, and instead look at run-time and phone size, because a big screen on a very small phone is a good thing and no one should care how big the battery is and only the result of how much talk and standby time the phone has.

I do not trust chinese tips due to hacking ... and the specs are out of date but if I had this phone in 2012 or so the battery would of been nice.

That's great, though wouldn't it make more sense to have high end specs with a battery life of that caliber?

Your reading comprehension is abysmal, and so you're getting worked up over things nobody said.

So as I said, IMO you should redefine your parameters, and stop focusing on battery size and screen size and get all mad, and instead look at run-time and phone size, because a big screen on a very small phone is a good thing and no one should care how big the battery is and only the result of how much talk and standby time the phone has.

But i'm not particularly interested in battery life / battery size nitpicking, just that it is good. And going to back to what I said, the form factor options are pretty terrible...which means they all have "around" the same battery size / life (http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/mobi...battery-life-2017-the-best-smartphones-tested). My point is that there aren't really a lot of options, you're stuck in very tight specifications with a few outliers (like the Droid Maxx), which are still very limited in their deviation. Changing some app settings would likely close the gap on these down to within a few minutes of the same battery/time ratio.

I'm "mad" that there aren't a lot of real options while being told there are ... while also being told to change my expectations. I told you what specifications I'd like to see, which largely doesn't exist... but apparently you think I want some oddball gigantic battery and tiny screen? Not even what I'm saying. I want a good phone that doesn't suck itself off about its lack of bezel, like you seem to be all about with your S8.

I'm all for bigger better and extended battery life, makes me want to get my old bag phone out of storage and give it an update. Honestly I don't need it to last 15 days just get me through 24 hours or even 12 well yeah mine wont even do 6 hours when it's just sitting in the darn truck God forbid I actually used it.
I need a phone only to call wife, take pictures and track weather, nothing else matters. With a phone this size and magnitude of battery I would expect a super long range spotting scope, personal radar system and bonus tazer and herb vape.

mine wont even do 6 hours when it's just sitting in the darn truck God forbid I actually used it.
I have a magnetic wireless mount in my little Fiat that charges the battery whether or not its in use.

Couldn't be simpler, I get in the car, the phone "snaps" right onto its mount, you hear a "beep" that wireless charging has begun, and I can either let it just charge or have Waze up for navigation or Torque Pro to use as supplemental digital gauges like the boost gauge pictured.

The 2.6K mah battery is thus always topped off at 100% by the time I arrive at work, and when I walk in the door at home to my right is my wireless charger next to my home phone system (have a phone in every room, so never miss a ring or have to walk across the house) and that way again I'm never looking for my phone because I know where it is, and its again always topped off at 100% battery when I walk out the door.

Sometimes rather than lug around a huge battery, you just have to find smarter ways of ensuring your battery is effortlessly always charged. I can't even recall the last time my phone battery was under 25%.

Reactions: AK0tA
like this

Nope. GSM is kind of the world standard, but each provider has access to different frequencies. Each phone only supports certain frequencies, even if "unlocked", it's why there are multiple models of the same GSM phone, the difference is the frequencies supported. The voice and text will work everywhere pretty much, but not data.

I have a magnetic wireless mount in my little Fiat that charges the battery whether or not its in use.

Couldn't be simpler, I get in the car, the phone "snaps" right onto its mount, you hear a "beep" that wireless charging has begun, and I can either let it just charge or have Waze up for navigation or Torque Pro to use as supplemental digital gauges like the boost gauge pictured.

The 2.6K mah battery is thus always topped off at 100% by the time I arrive at work, and when I walk in the door at home to my right is my wireless charger next to my home phone system (have a phone in every room, so never miss a ring or have to walk across the house) and that way again I'm never looking for my phone because I know where it is, and its again always topped off at 100% battery when I walk out the door.

Sometimes rather than lug around a huge battery, you just have to find smarter ways of ensuring your battery is effortlessly always charged. I can't even recall the last time my phone battery was under 25%.

As fun as it sounds to have chargers everywhere and monitoring your phone all the time I really have life to go about. It's kind of like having shoes that untie every 15 minutes, who wants to stop and tie there shoes every 2 miles. Just saying that a battery charged for 5 hours while I sleep should last 24hrs under normal usage.

As fun as it sounds to have chargers everywhere and monitoring your phone all the time I really have life to go about.
LMAO! "Oh Jesus Christ, I have to set my phone down which automatically charges it without even having to plug a cable in, fuck I'm just going to kill myself, this isn't worth it." *puts plastic bag over head* And you don't need a 10K mah battery to keep yourself from having to charge "every 15 minutes". 10K mah gives you 15 days, wich means 2.5K mah (pretty normal) is just under 4 days. :p
bos said:
Well you didn't read that page, or you'd see it's 0% 4g compatibility with all carriers lol.
... I linked it: https://www.frequencycheck.com/compatibility/8bNVfAy/oukitel-k10000-lte/united-states

As it shows, you can get 4G speeds, just not LTE. From everything I've read, real world speeds on HSPA+ are the same as LTE. Only the theoretical speeds are different, not the speeds offered by carriers to users.

As fun as it sounds to have chargers everywhere and monitoring your phone all the time I really have life to go about. It's kind of like having shoes that untie every 15 minutes, who wants to stop and tie there shoes every 2 miles. Just saying that a battery charged for 5 hours while I sleep should last 24hrs under normal usage.
This. Yeah we all can be smart enough to work a charging routine and strategically place chargers at key places.. But that shit is absurd, terminally annoying, most of these fucking devices might as well be corded to 120v. Yeah I figured out my own routine, but I don't feel like I have a Mobile we device, I feel like I have a stupid device that will run dry quickly if I fail in my routines ( and I have and it has) . my dumb old phone lasted a week, its a much better deal that way. I've bookmarked info on this phone It will be a serious consideration for a change for me.

like this
LMAO! "Oh Jesus Christ, I have to set my phone down which automatically charges it without even having to plug a cable in, fuck I'm just going to kill myself, this isn't worth it." *puts plastic bag over head* And you don't need a 10K mah battery to keep yourself from having to charge "every 15 minutes". 10K mah gives you 15 days, wich means 2.5K mah (pretty normal) is just under 4 days. :p

... I linked it: https://www.frequencycheck.com/compatibility/8bNVfAy/oukitel-k10000-lte/united-states

As it shows, you can get 4G speeds, just not LTE. From everything I've read, real world speeds on HSPA+ are the same as LTE. Only the theoretical speeds are different, not the speeds offered by carriers to users.
I don't know about suicide to me how they are designing most phones they don't meet the mobile part of it.. So many times it feels as mobile as the next 120v outlet.. No need to put pictures of old tech. I'm not ignorant about it, but its no excuse, the fatness added to the devices a for time in battery is not significant enough for thing to be the way they are.

like this
This. Yeah we all can be smart enough to work a charging routine and strategically place chargers at key places.. But that shit is absurd, terminally annoying, most of these fucking devices might as well be corded to 120v. Yeah I figured out my own routine, but I don't feel like I have a Mobile we device, I feel like I have a stupid device that will run dry quickly if I fail in my routines ( and I have and it has) . my dumb old phone lasted a week, its a much better deal that way. I've bookmarked info on this phone It will be a serious consideration for a change for me.
What phone do you currently have? You can supplement the battery with a battery case perhaps. As an example:
https://www.amazon.com/Modernway-Re...2-spons&keywords=galaxy+S7+battery+case&psc=1

Galaxy S7 Battery test: http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s7-1315188/review/6
As shown, has excellent battery life and super fast charging rates, with even heavy usage easily lasting them a day.

With a supplemental 5.2K mah battery case, which is 2/3rds larger than the built in battery in the phone, it should easily give you double the life. Advantage is when you do not want the bulk, or you want to use it for VR, you can still undock it and have a slim ultra-light device.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
What phone do you currently have? You can supplement the battery with a battery case perhaps. As an example:
https://www.amazon.com/Modernway-Re...2-spons&keywords=galaxy+S7+battery+case&psc=1

Galaxy S7 Battery test: http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s7-1315188/review/6
As shown, has excellent battery life and super fast charging rates, with even heavy usage easily lasting them a day.

With a supplemental 5.2K mah battery case, which is 2/3rds larger than the built in battery in the phone, it should easily give you double the life. Advantage is when you do not want the bulk, or you want to use it for VR, you can still undock it and have a slim ultra-light device.
Yeap, I did look into that, no dice... I have a super-cheap LG, so I guess I cant expect much. Thanks for the suggestion tough, it is something to look for when frustrated with battery life for sure.
I do have some hope that the race for thinness will slowdown a bit, design sometimes seems to get in the way of function.
Then again, if this cellphone sells/has sold, considering its from such an obscure source (for the US anyway) I am sure others will notice eventually.. Honestly I think 6000mah should be the standard for the typical phones in the market, not the 3000-4000ish that is normal right now.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back