OUCH!!! Corsair 750W PSU $99 AR

shaggy77

Gawd
Hi,

Buy.com has the TX750 PSU for $99 after rebate if you can deal with them. Plus free shipping on top of all of it.

Buy.com 750 Watt PSU link

144 without rebate. Still a damn good price on a 750 watt PSU. Nice job Buy and Corsair.

Later,
shaggy

Very nice, If I hadn't just picked up the 750w cooler master real power I would go for this, hot deal!

Very nice price, I want to upgrade from my 460W Xclio.... tempting....

I always get rebates back but I'm very tired of them. Good deal.

Hi,

yeah I found it through a link on Corsair's Web site. They were insanely cheap. I did not find anything about being a refurb either. I was a bit awe struck by the price since I have been looking at the PSU on Newegg. But hey to get a $89 AR and google checkout. Not a bad deal in my book. Plus it is a good known brand name. As a matter of fact, I just bought one. I paid the few extra bucks for shipping so it would get here in a few days not weeks according to the "free shipping".

Later,
shaggy

Wow, I got my HX620 for about the same after a similar rebate, though it was from ClubIT. Of course I'm pretty sure most 750W users have plenty of money to throw around, since they must be running GTX SLI or something ;)

(My system on the 620W is listed below.)

Of course I'm pretty sure most 750W users have plenty of money to throw around, since they must be running GTX SLI or something ;)
I wish!

My 750W TT Toughpower was $100 ish a while back
I'm only running a 320MB GTS :(

Thanks @ OP.

Going for the switch to quad/G92+ soon here and I don't think my 2+ year old XClio would be up to the task (for long at least). 5 year warranty, sleeved, efficient (83-85% for my range as per the JG review), quiet...Couldn't have done much better, certainly not for the (AR) price.

$145.50 OTD, inc GCO + CA sales tax; $100.50 AR - let's hope I don't get f*cked by Status-now again :mad:.

I wish!

My 750W TT Toughpower was $100 ish a while back
I'm only running a 320MB GTS :(
well you didnt need a psu remotely close to 750watts. a quality 500 watt psu would have been way more than enough with your setup. :confused:

Nope, my friend has a 520 ocz powerstream, and it couldnt power his G92 8800gt
what? that has to be one crappy or defective psu because an 8800gt is only 100-110 watt card under full load. my ENTIRE pc with an 8800gt never went over 300watts under load. either the psu was defective or that wasnt his problem and thats a fact.

Sorry but I think you or your frind doesn't know what he's talking about. I had a crappy 550w (zumax or something) and for a while it was powering an oc'd E6420 ( 1.5v, 3.6) and a GTX. 500 is more than enough for any single card setup I can think of unless you're running like 5 raptors or something.

Sorry but I think you or your frind doesn't know what he's talking about. I had a crappy 550w (zumax or something) and for a while it was powering an oc'd E6420 ( 1.5v, 3.6) and a GTX. 500 is more than enough for any single card setup I can think of unless you're running like 5 raptors or something.

QFT

I have some crappy Aspire 500w psu and it powers my x2 5600, 8800GTX, 2hd's, and a dvd burner.

Good deal, and yea if the hx520 is really the problem with his system I would rma it for a new one. It should be more than enough.

well you didnt need a psu remotely close to 750watts. a quality 500 watt psu would have been way more than enough with your setup. :confused:
truth
However, I might go sli/crossfire in the future

For $100, I figured I might as well buy a PSU with some headroom

Hi,

Wow. I guess this was a good deal. There is some good buzz about the product. I ordered with Buy.com yesterday. According to Fed Ex, my package should be hear today. However, I doubt the package will be hear today since it showing to come from a Fed Ex facility in a different state! That's odd since there is a Fed Ex facility in town. Everything I get from Fed Ex comes from that one or other "newer home delivery" facility a few towns over. I am wondering if there is address sanfu. I will be surprised if it does come today.

Otherwise, I do not see a problem with buying a 750 watt supply these days. There is definitely some serious juice on that 12 volt line. Many well respected web sites have given a thumbs up like [H]ard ocp, jonny GURU and Hardware cannucks. The PSU has potential for sticking around for awhile because of it's output. A quality high output PSU does not just drop in your lap for $100 AR everyday.

Crossing fingers,
shaggy

No status change on my order yet...But then again, I did order ~8 hours or so after this was posted - too late to do anything for the day yesterday I guess.

And yes, like a previous poster, I was really eyeing the HX models (for the modular/flat cables), but a 750w PSU for this (AR) cheap? I think I'll be willing to deal with the wiring issues in exchange for enough power to conceivably last me until the 5 year warranty expires ;).

Re: the FedEx thing...Well, if buy.com doesn't have a warehouse in your state, of course it'll come from elsewhere, hence different state FedEx source.

Good deal, and yea if the hx520 is really the problem with his system I would rma it for a new one.
T'was an OCZ 520w Powerstream not a Corsair (HX) unit that was the issue.... And yes, barring any more info, I'd say it's decently possible the PSU wasn't up to snuff... Crappy Topower internals (certainly compared to 'modern' PSUs coming from CWT & Seasonic etc; heavily 3.3v/5v oriented), and that particular OCZ line hasn't been produced for quite some time (1-2 years or more I'd think). IOW, probably an old/used PSU who'd have a hard time putting out ANYWHERE near the rated 520w anymore.

[edit] Well, probably will ship today, come tomorrow (since I'm in So Cal, buy.com in Aliso Viejo)...It's the GCO page that's not been updated, still @ the charged stage...But going through buy.com direct, it's in the packing step atm. [again] Yep shipped vbia FedEx today, should have it tomorrow.

Hi,

Re: the FedEx thing...Well, if buy.com doesn't have a warehouse in your state, of course it'll come from elsewhere, hence different state FedEx source.

Just got it a few hours ago according to my wife. She asked the Fed Ex guy why it came from a different state. He said it was due to Fed Ex Ground. The one that is local to me is now just an Air facility. They do not run ground anymore. Either way I cannot wait to play with the new PSU.

later,
shaggy

It isn't the wattage that is important, it is the current. And when anyone's "crappy" 500W PSU that runs their highend gaming rig POPS and takes out the board, vid card, memory module, CPU, and a couple of HDs with all of their data on them please don't whine about losing your system. Cuz if you do I will be laughing my ass off. I have seen this happen more than once. Crappy PSU = high risk to the hardware, whether it runs it or not, period.

Even if it does run your system I hope you will be intelligent enough to look at the PSU first when your OC starts to fail and you need to reduce FSB or timings just to keep the rig running before posting on a forum for help because anyone that has a clue will certainly tell you to buy a better PSU before they try to help you further.

And that is a damned fine PSU for an excellent deal.

Hi,

Giving some additional life to this post. Still a good deal is anyone is looking for a new PSU.

shaggy

This is nice, any chance for a decent deal on the Corsair 620 (the modular one). Had one in my previous (now sold) rig, and looking for another one. Modular cables are just the way for me, would really love a 7xx watt version to come out as well (although I think the 600 range is my sweet spot right now).

This is nice, any chance for a decent deal on the Corsair 620 (the modular one). Had one in my previous (now sold) rig, and looking for another one. Modular cables are just the way for me, would really love a 7xx watt version to come out as well (although I think the 600 range is my sweet spot right now).

YEA not modular kills it for me too, I hate stuffing all those excess cables somplace in the case.

That's pretty much the same reason I have been waffling for a few months on a new PSU choice (to go w/ current + quad + G92/company + the future).. But, I got sick of going back and forth when I came across this.. It's Corsair, 5 year warranty, barely over a C note for enough power to hopefully take me down a 5 year upgrade path and not puke ;). It might be a PITA to route/hide all the extra cables - esp the 3xPCIe I probably won't use for the foreseeable future -- but my rig is housed in an Armor; plenty of routing room.

ps Mine came yesterday - ~24 hour delivery on free ground shipping. Sometimes it actually helps to live in CA ;).

pps Deal's still on BTW.

Oh, and you can bet your ass that Corsair will be coming out w/ a higher line HX (~700+ watts [720HX, 820HX? to match up w/ existing models/power levels]) in the near future. RedBeard (?) all but spilled the beans not long ago when (I think) the TX series was released saying somethig to the effect of "keep an eye out". Too bad it will likely be close to, if not over $200 on release.

Which reminds me, there was a 900w unit (X900) released by Seasonic some time ago (March? going by the URL here)...Not available in the States AFAIK (Europe only?), haven't heard much about it since release. Besides we all know Corsair did right going by CWT for some builds, and they produce pretty much anything up to 1200W right? No problem for Corsair to find an appropriate successor to the 520/620HX over there.

So who makes this psu? My 520hx is still holding up just fine but i think im probably working it close to 75% or better of its load running a q6600, 2 hdds, dvdrw, and SLI GTS512s.

So who makes this psu? My 520hx is still holding up just fine but i think im probably working it close to 75% or better of its load running a q6600, 2 hdds, dvdrw, and SLI GTS512s.
Whoa
I know all that stuff is pretty effecient, but it sure "sounds" like a rig that draws significantly more than 400W

Err... All I have is an Ultra X-Connect 500W and it runs the following system perfect...

Core 2 Duo e4300 at 3.00GHz
2GB G.Skill DDR800 at 832MHz
8800GTS 512MB
Creative X-Fi
74GB WD Raptor
250GB WD 2500KS
NEC DVD Burner

That's really weird. :rolleyes:

Like, sofarfrome, said, it's really about the current as well, not just based on wattage.

My Seasonic 430W powers my E6400, 4x512mb, 2x250gb+40gb HD, 5 fans, Soundcard, 8800gt 512mb all fine

I have a 520w ocz powerstream that was powering all of this and have never had a problem:

Opteron 170
Danger Den D5
EVGA 8800GTS
3 x 320gb Seagate 7200.10's
DVD Burner
5 CCFLs
4 Yate Loons

Sounds like you had a bad PSU.

i would have bit on this, but with all the extra wires floating around on the top of my case, my next psu has to be modular :(

Back