OUCH! Boxed Q6600 May Deals!

These prices have been fairly consistent for what, almost 2 months now. Several weeks ago the Q6600 retail boxed processor at Fry's dipped to an all-time low of $179.99 in store or online with shipping on top, but I doubt it'll go that low again for at least a month or two.

But who knows... it's Friday morning now in the US and Fry's does big huge 8-10 page ads in Friday morning papers. Will today be the day they drop the price under $180? Could be... we'll find out in a few hours when the ads are posted online and in local papers, I guess.

calling it- memorial day sale it'll be back to 179- if not lower. ;)

Fry's B&M has a Friday one day sale with this deal

Intel Retail Box Q6600 + ECS G31T-M Motherboard $180

q6600 has been around these prices for a while now so not that great of a deal unless you have been living under a ROCK.

calling it- memorial day sale it'll be back to 179- if not lower. ;)

I hope so; that's what I'm going to wait for now. $199 is a good price, but we've seen lower. I'm sure Memorial Day will bring some nice sales. :cool:

q6600 has been around these prices for a while now so not that great of a deal unless you have been living under a ROCK.

or if you havent been component shopping in a while like me, i am grateful for this thread, i had no idea the core2quads were so cheap now.....been thinking about upgrading, just dont see quad core being necessary for my use....

Contrary to popular opinion, some of us don't live near a retail [insert store name] and thus cannot partake of their sweet deals. Just because YOU might be near one and can get in on the deal doesn't mean every [H] person here can. I always find it annoying when someone ass-sumes that something is a molten hot deal even if only like 5 people got in on it...

$180 for a quad + mobo! That is a great deal even if the mobo doesn't give you great OC options.

Contrary to popular opinion, some of us don't live near a retail [insert store name] and thus cannot partake of their sweet deals. Just because YOU might be near one and can get in on the deal doesn't mean every [H] person here can. I always find it annoying when someone ass-sumes that something is a molten hot deal even if only like 5 people got in on it...

Negative, sir. These have been at $200 from Fry's and other places online for quite a while now allowing multiple people to get in on it. You're making just as many assumptions as you think he is.

Negative, sir. These have been at $200 from Fry's and other places online for quite a while now allowing multiple people to get in on it. You're making just as many assumptions as you think he is.

Wait?! how long is a while?? 3 weeks?

That's why I also posted the Newegg deal (for those of you that have to shop mail-order).

While the MC deal is in-store only, the Newegg deal (and the Fry's/Outpost.com deal posted later in this thread) are straight e-tail. So you can chuck that excuse out the window also.

Another reason I posted the Newegg deal: Newegg is one of the better e-tailers (I've shopped there myself) and they have a turnaround time that is surprisingly fast for in-stock orders (no more than twelve hours, and they will even ship same-day for early-AM orders). And to those that think they can't use a quad-core, if you're running Windows (even XP) take a look at Task Manager (especially if you have 2 GB of RAM or more). Is your thread count above 100? Is your process count or task count higher than twenty? Are most of your applications and games (even utilities) newer than two years old (aside from Windows itself)? If the answer to all of these questions is "Yes" (it certainly is in my case, and I have a mere Northwood-C at present) then you can indeed put a mere Q6600 to use today.

yesterday I posted a deal at Microcenter for an OEM 6600 for 179.99+5.99 ship. I think most people here use an aftermarket cooler or OC so the warranty difference is a wash.

yesterday I posted a deal at Microcenter for an OEM 6600 for 179.99+5.99 ship. I think most people here use an aftermarket cooler or OC so the warranty difference is a wash.

The went up to $219 overnight though (for some reason). :mad:
I saw your thread yesterday and was going to order one this morning (since our stimulus rebate direct deposit came through overnight last night). :(

The went up to $219 overnight though (for some reason). :mad:
I saw your thread yesterday and was going to order one this morning (since our stimulus rebate direct deposit came through overnight last night). :(
sorry. Im sure there will be memorial day deals. and microcenter says that on tuesdays and fridays they have intel deals, so just keep checking.

Oh, no problem man - thanks for posting it. ;)
Yeah, I'm waiting for Memorial Day now; I ordered a case and board for my future SFF build but haven't done anything on the cpu, hd, or optical end yet...hopefully Memorial Day I'll knock all 3 of those out at once and have a finished system. :)

Have a good weekend :D

Microcenter has had this deal online, off an on, for several months. It's a decent deal, but it's not unusual.

sorry i got my Q660 with sysbrd for 200 ON BLACK FRIDAY.

its been rather interesting wathing the general public scurry to grab one fot he same price some 6 months later.

Microcenter has had this deal online, off an on, for several months. It's a decent deal, but it's not unusual.

The sheer *length* they (MC) have been running this deal is what's unusual about it. They started the deal in January, and have never stopped. (It's now late May; in fact, the month's about to end.) The typical such deal (especially from MC) is a *while stock lasts* thing, and even with a one-per-customer limit, it's decidedly odd to see any retail Intel CPU last at this price, and it's unheard-of to see a retail-boxed Intel quad stay at this price at retail (let alone for four months, and for a G0/SLACR no less).

none of the major online stores guarantee a g0 anymore. a guy in the newegg reviews got a b3 last week. right now, mwave only sells retail b3's (sl9um). theres no mc near nyc so last weekend when i needed a quad i got the $239 q6700 from td, because there are no b3 q6700.

edit tankguys has retail g0 for $290. not hot.

Seeing as how my e6420 can't OC much at all... Might have to bite on this guy.

none of the major online stores guarantee a g0 anymore. a guy in the newegg reviews got a b3 last week. right now, mwave only sells retail b3's (sl9um). theres no mc near nyc so last weekend when i needed a quad i got the $239 q6700 from td, because there are no b3 q6700.

edit tankguys has retail g0 for $290. not hot.

Amazon.com has the Q6600 for $219 free shipping. They guarantee a G0 core. I just received one from them. :D
Amazon.com said:
Amazon is only shipping the Q6600 with confirmed BX80562Q6600 SLACR, with G0 stepping

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Q6600-Quad-Core-Processor-Cache/dp/B000LRMR26/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1211927204&sr=8-1

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
just ordered another g0 from microcenter 2 weeks ago. actually it might be a wash now, because if you do get a G0, you'll probably get a 80x series which are not as good OCer as the 7xx series.

Back