OT: PS5 free, but there's a catch!

I'm pretty sure the listing is implying bare hands only. :(

Having a poisonous cobra in your home probably isn't legal in Tennessee and he's unspecific. I'd roll up with a blanket and a Roll Tide sticker and I'd take that PS5 home.

Having a poisonous cobra in your home probably isn't legal in Tennessee and he's unspecific. I'd roll up with a blanket and a Roll Tide sticker and I'd take that PS5 home.
No offense intended, but you clearly know very little about Tennessee if you're making this assumption, in fact, anybody I know that is from there, or has lived there, would assume the opposite. :dead:

I live very close to TN in Western NC, my mountain property is 5 miles from the NC/TN border, and I'm still regretting not buying in TN instead, since they have no state building codes, no state income tax, gas company will bring you any size tank of propane you want and drop it on your lawn anywhere you want as long as you pay for the propane, they don't give a damn what you burn up or down with it, and power company will hookup electricity to a tree stuck in dirt hole in the ground (this isn't really much of an exaggeration), with very few restrictions on anything in fact. They do have fracking and lesser water rights than NC however.

I decided to look it up though:

Summary:
This Tennessee chapter relates to the private possession of wildlife. It is unlawful for any person to possess, transport, import, export, buy, sell, barter, propagate or transfer any wildlife, whether indigenous to this state or not, except as provided by this part and rules and regulations promulgated by the Tennessee wildlife resources commission pursuant to this part. Additionally, no person shall possess Class I (all species inherently dangerous to humans such as wolves, bears, lions and poisonous snakes) or Class II (native species that are not listed in other classes) wildlife without having documentary evidence showing the name and address of the supplier of such wildlife and date of acquisition. In order to obtain a permit to possess Class I wildlife, a person must be 21, have at least 2 years of experience handling such animals (or take an approved written exam), have a full-time resident caretaker, and must have a plan for the quick and safe recapture of the wildlife, among other provisions. The annual permits and fees for personal possession of Class I wildlife are $150/animal or $1,000/facility.

So yeah, you actually can own poisonous snakes, but there's a little red tape and a $150 a year tax. Might not wanna call that seller on his bluff! My guess is, all his drunk neighbors will have a betting pool going on whether you survive, they'll be standing in a circle cheering and jeering with fists full of greasy oil soaked one dollar bills they usually reserve for the cinder-block building strip clubs with no lights outside, located 20 miles from anything. ;D

I'm pretty sure asking people to put themselves in danger with a poisonous snake is illegal thou.

No offense intended, but you clearly know very little about Tennessee if you're making this assumption, in fact, anybody I know that is from there, or has lived there, would assume the opposite. :dead:

I live very close to TN in Western NC, my mountain property is 5 miles from the NC/TN border, and I'm still regretting not buying in TN instead, since they have no state building codes, no state income tax, gas company will bring you any size tank of propane you want and drop it on your lawn anywhere you want as long as you pay for the propane, they don't give a damn what you burn up or down with it, and power company will hookup electricity to a tree stuck in dirt hole in the ground (this isn't really much of an exaggeration), with very few restrictions on anything in fact. They do have fracking and lesser water rights than NC however.

I decided to look it up though:

Summary:
This Tennessee chapter relates to the private possession of wildlife. It is unlawful for any person to possess, transport, import, export, buy, sell, barter, propagate or transfer any wildlife, whether indigenous to this state or not, except as provided by this part and rules and regulations promulgated by the Tennessee wildlife resources commission pursuant to this part. Additionally, no person shall possess Class I (all species inherently dangerous to humans such as wolves, bears, lions and poisonous snakes) or Class II (native species that are not listed in other classes) wildlife without having documentary evidence showing the name and address of the supplier of such wildlife and date of acquisition. In order to obtain a permit to possess Class I wildlife, a person must be 21, have at least 2 years of experience handling such animals (or take an approved written exam), have a full-time resident caretaker, and must have a plan for the quick and safe recapture of the wildlife, among other provisions. The annual permits and fees for personal possession of Class I wildlife are $150/animal or $1,000/facility.

So yeah, you actually can own poisonous snakes, but there's a little red tape and a $150 a year tax. Might not wanna call that seller on his bluff! My guess is, all his drunk neighbors will have a betting pool going on whether you survive, they'll be standing in a circle cheering and jeering with fists full of greasy oil soaked one dollar bills they usually reserve for the cinder-block building strip clubs with no lights outside, located 20 miles from anything. ;D

I grew up in rural Alabama, it's basically the same. People like that are all talk no matter where you go. The kind of person who open carries an AR15 but will back down from a quick punch in the mouth because they aren't actually prepared to do anything. I'd put any random dude's odds of having legal permits for a cobra at roughly the same odds of them seriously having anyone show up and do this. I'd roll up with a blanket and if they give you any guff, just call animal control and make sure their paperwork is all in order. That said, this is a dick swing at best. They're not going to let anyone do this.

I grew up in rural Alabama, it's basically the same. People like that are all talk no matter where you go. The kind of person who open carries an AR15 but will back down from a quick punch in the mouth because they aren't actually prepared to do anything. I'd put any random dude's odds of having legal permits for a cobra at roughly the same odds of them seriously having anyone show up and do this. I'd roll up with a blanket and if they give you any guff, just call animal control and make sure their paperwork is all in order. That said, this is a dick swing at best. They're not going to let anyone do this.

Hah yeah, I mean, I didn't think anyone was taking it seriously, but it's pretty funny, especially in the matter-of-factness of the wording.

I'm pretty sure asking people to put themselves in danger with a poisonous snake is illegal thou.

What on earth makes you think that? It's not illegal to tell someone to kill themselves, let alone invite them to the option. Not illegal to jump out of a plane, or hell, go to the doctor (which considering the malpractice related death numbers in this country, is significantly riskier) either. It is in most cases illegal to threaten or attempt to physically harm someone or kill them, but giving them the choice to harm themselves, thankfully, still isn't. I mean, there's an argument to be had that if someone gives you permission to do something obviously stupid, and you take them up on it, the gene pool probably benefited from the cleansing if you die from it, and it certainly wouldn't be their fault in my opinion, my limited understanding of the law, most places, I think is in agreement, at least in terms of fault. Gotta be at least some personal responsibility for one's own choices no?

*shrug*

What on earth makes you think that? It's not illegal to tell someone to kill themselves, let alone invite them to the option. Not illegal to jump out of a plane, or hell, go to the doctor (which considering the malpractice related death numbers in this country, is significantly riskier) either. It is in most cases illegal to threaten or attempt to physically harm someone or kill them, but giving them the choice to harm themselves, thankfully, still isn't. I mean, there's an argument to be had that if someone gives you permission to do something obviously stupid, and you take them up on it, the gene pool probably benefited from the cleansing if you die from it, and it certainly wouldn't be their fault in my opinion, my limited understanding of the law, most places, I think is in agreement, at least in terms of fault. Gotta be at least some personal responsibility for one's own choices no?

*shrug*
If they are the owner / keeper of the snake I'm pretty sure it would be high trouble for them if it bites someone, not to mention if the person dies from it.

Easy enough.
NTg@._V1_CR0,45,480,270_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg

I'll bring a giant dead rat and throw it across the room...once the snake starts eating it, I'll go and pick up the PS5...easy peasy :D

I'll bring a giant dead rat and throw it across the room...once the snake starts eating it, I'll go and pick up the PS5...easy peasy :D
Cobra's don't go after dead things. It wouldn't show up on his predator vision anyhoo.

If they are the owner / keeper of the snake I'm pretty sure it would be high trouble for them if it bites someone, not to mention if the person dies from it.
You are confusing tort for criminal law, they are far from the same thing.

Ahh well, I should say, it isn't in most places, and even in that situation, it's pretty situationally specific. Involuntary manslaughter in a very public case. Definitely wouldn't fly in Tennessee lol, but you can get someone on involuntary manslaughter for basically anything, if there's enough social or political will. Someone gets drunk, trespasses, climbs a fence, and falls in your pool, never having learned to swim, with a brick tied to their leg and a note absolving you of any responsibility in their pocket, you *could* get involuntary manslaughter, if the right person wanted it to happen bad enough. Doesn't make it illegal to have a pool, yet, but give it time, I'm sure it's coming.

Back