OT: Printing PDF Documents 400+ pages website?

afropuff

Limp Gawd
Hey All,

I have a really long document that is in .pdf format and I am wondering if anyone knows of an online site that could print the document and send it to me in the mail??

Thanks!!

-fro

You don't have a printer? If not I think you can take something like that to a kinkos and get it printed.

Flak Monkey said:
You don't have a printer? If not I think you can take something like that to a kinkos and get it printed.

I would not want to print 400+ pages on my inkjet....think of the poor ink!

I think a local Kinko's would be your best bet, they would probably charge the same per page as an online place and you wouldn't have to pay for shipping.

Some things to consider, if you have good eyesight you could print two pages on one side, for 4 pages on one page, that makes only 100 pieces of paper you have to kill. I find that I dont have a problem reading 12pt font when it is printed two on a page, but others eyes aren't quite so acute.

Flak Monkey said:

I have a printer, but it is so large, I'd probably run out of ink.

I'm trying to find a cheaper solution.

Kinkos cost about as much as a print catridge.

-fro

i think staples, office max or the UPS store will print it for you*..

not too sure about the UPS store though, might just be shipping stuff, but they have alot of equipment in there

afropuff said:
I have a printer, but it is so large, I'd probably run out of ink.

I'm trying to find a cheaper solution.

Kinkos cost about as much as a print catridge.

-fro

For a 400 page document you wont find much cheaper, how cheap do you expect a 400 page document to be?

go to a local college's computer lab and print it, i have seen people do it at my school, and the lab techs get kind of pissed because they have to keep refilling the printer with paper, but they get their stuff printed for free ;)

compslckr said:
go to a local college's computer lab and print it, i have seen people do it at my school, and the lab techs get kind of pissed because they have to keep refilling the printer with paper, but they get their stuff printed for free ;)

Most college's charge, mine is 10 cents a page. Some use paper allotments that are tied to your college login, and you have to login to print, if you run out of paper on your account you need to buy more. Basically, with all the budget cuts many schools have experienced lately they dont give out free paper anymore.

400 pages in the rich text of pdf's is a lot fo toner. that wont be cheap anywhere. Especially if its color. Just bite the bullet and do the kinkos, officemax/depot, ups, compusa route. think about it, almost a ream of paper.... thats a lot.

Well, I guess I'll just print it out at my house. I thought going through some big printing business on the net or something could print it out and send it to me through the mail.

oh well.

Also, I Wasn't sure where to post this topic, sorry if it was too OT.

-fro

relocated and reopened, I have no idea why it was in gaming :p

Having just printed a 500 page manual off my printer I can sympathize
it ate a whole $30 black print cartridge, and I would have been better off buying it off ebay and paying for the shipping. But I would have only saved a few dollars.

which brings up the point you should consider
find a local copy shop to print it, you save on the shipping.

Back