OSx Yosemite TFTP Server

mikey71497

Limp Gawd
Is there a built in TFTP server for MAC OSx? If so, is there an easy way to access it or even better, a 3rd party app?

I realized that after I posted it but I left it because main site I linked has an updated Lion version available. :)

The issue is not if the service is built in or not, it's ease of use and ease of configuration. Tftpd32 is so stupidly simple. You don't even have to install it, just run it, zero configuration, it's robust and you're up and running in a few seconds. It combines under one simple management pane TFTP server and client for the network guys, DHCP server with options for the VOIP guys and syslog server for the firewall guys.

The issue is not if the service is built in or not, it's ease of use and ease of configuration. Tftpd32 is so stupidly simple. You don't even have to install it, just run it, zero configuration, it's robust and you're up and running in a few seconds. It combines under one simple management pane TFTP server and client for the network guys, DHCP server with options for the VOIP guys and syslog server for the firewall guys.
so...basically what we already recommended except he has to set up a VM to run it :rolleyes:

You did a Google search and haven't even used either so how do you know it's better or even working with recent Mac OSX versions? Plus, tftpserver looks like an unknown abandonware since it was last updated 7-12-2011 whereas Tftpd32 was last updated 11-28-2013 and is referenced in Cisco's documentation. And, most Mac wielding IT folks already run Vmware or Parallels since a lot of tools are Windows only.

http://tools.cisco.com/search/results/en/us/get#q=tftpd32

Last edited:
Back