OSX on a x86 PC w/screenshots

after reading that and looking at the screen shot.. it looks like he did "borrow" some code from pearPC... kinda lame if you ask me.. well at least pearPC is GPL'ed.. if he did make any improvements, he has to give the code back..

Hey, has anyone else noticed that "dag33k"'s message writing style looks amazingly similar to that of Arben(the developer) himself? Arben has been posting nearly the same messages over in the PearPC forums (as himself).

Also fun to note is the location of "dag33k" (somewhere in the Pacific), not exactly unlike Arben, who hails from Maui. Maybe some of the admins here could compare the source IP addresses of the posts with those from the PPC forums, though it's not even really necessary.

I think when you've taken to posting under an alias to drum up hype for something you can't even show, you're lying. He probably hasn't even modified the PPC source code, just Photoshopped the images. Talk about stamping "unemployable" on your forehead.

The internet: A permanent record of your own stupidity. ;)

Case closed.

I also felt dag33k had a role beyond an impartial "guy who is trying out the software for work" ;)

If anyone is brave enough to try it out and spend the $50, report back on your results.
It would be nice to see an evaluation version, seeing as how if it does work, that could only drive up sales.

I know we're all skeptical, but I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt, if only to see it turn up as "exaggerated".

Dag33k said:
...this one a software program that lets you run Mac OSX.....This is not PearPC...

Lies.

Howabout a download of the source then. Might wanna read the GPL over again as well.

aphexddb said:
Lies.

Howabout a download of the source then. Might wanna read the GPL over again as well.

looks like dag33k jumped ship on this project due to the fact the website is no longer active.

Smbusa11 said:
looks like dag33k jumped ship on this project due to the fact the website is no longer active.

heh, that didnt take very long

t. shuffle said:
This whole deal turned out to be quite the scam.

http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/04/10/18/2137253.shtml?tid=179&tid=3

These forums are even mentioned. :D
Heh... you beat me to it :). For anybody who still has any hope that this isn't a scam, take a few minutes and skim this bit of independent (but obviously biased) fact-finding linked from the /. story. Even if it's not a complete scam, you'd be unwise to put $50 into a company that acts like this...

Hehe... I started a thread about Cherry OS but I see this one beat me to the punch.
I managed to sign up before the site went down so it'll be interesting to see if I get an email and the "trial version". If I do I'll update you guys on it.

The_Mage18 said:
Hehe... I started a thread about Cherry OS but I see this one beat me to the punch.
I managed to sign up before the site went down so it'll be interesting to see if I get an email and the "trial version". If I do I'll update you guys on it.

spam is the only thing your likely to get
i hope no one actually gave this guy money

Back