osx and logitech mice/driver

pxoint

Weaksauce
probably been asked million times before but meh,

i went out today to buy a new mac compatible mouse since my Logitech G5 isnt working how its supposed to. bought me a Logitech mx400 wich on the package indicates it has mac support. first thing i noticed was there were no drivers on the supplied cd so i went online and downloaded the latest one from the logitech page. now comes the fun part, after installation it says "could not find any logitech devices".

my mouse doesnt only have accel problems its also accuracy problems, the cursor "hop" around if i look very closely, in actual use that results in a very "bugged" feeling while trying to browse throught the internet.

i tried alot of tools/apps like "usb overdrive" (wich messes up everything even worse), "steermouse" (doesnt do anything), "imousefix" (fixes the accel to a certain point, but still the accuracy problem remains).

anyone out there who could point to a right direction? i know there is NO problem with microsoft mices, the driver there works perfectly and the accel can be turned off, but buying another new mice sucks.

thanks in advance

thats odd. my MX700 works fine on my PowerBook G4 without even installing drivers. i don't like Logitech mouseware on a pc, i'd probably hate it on a mac.

i just found a driver for my old diamondback and the curser is sharp and smooth as butter :I

logitech fails.

Back