OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Upgrade $29 from Amazon

Hurshai

Limp Gawd
Amazon.com is accepting pre-orders for OS X Snow Leopard upgrades at $29. It looks like your system must currently be running 10.5 for this upgrade.

Amazon

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Keep in mind, if you bought a Mac after WWCC, your upgrade is free.*

*with a $9.95 shipping fee..

It also says it requires a multicore processor so the core solo Mac Minis won't work either.

I'm just glad the Core Duos (32-bit) are supported. The wife would be upset if she couldn't upgrade the OS on her Macbook.

Considering the last PPC mac was the Power Mac G5, released in 1996. I'd venture to guess most of those machines are in business environments which wouldn't upgrade the OS anyway. I know there are a lot of video production companies out there, who can't afford to muck around with upgrading from 10.4, since their bread & butter is the machine's uptime.

Considering the last PPC mac was the Power Mac G5, released in 1996. I'd venture to guess most of those machines are in business environments which wouldn't upgrade the OS anyway. I know there are a lot of video production companies out there, who can't afford to muck around with upgrading from 10.4, since their bread & butter is the machine's uptime.

till the machine eventually dies and they are down until buy a new machine, software, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Macintosh_G5

Release date: 2003 with iterations into 2005 (discontinued in 06).

I just hope Apple removes all their commercials about upgrading PCs for Vista.

Back