OS related to a M.2 question

fightingfi

2[H]4U
IM thinking of buying this new m.2 drive,

Gigabyte M.2 Aorus PCIe 4.0 Series NVMe PCIe​

My question is, is worth it for the OS ( win 10 Pro 64 bit) I only put all my games on my Sabrent 2tb m.2 drive. I know my OS would load and boost faster but i dont keep alot of anything else on it. I have 2 m.2 slots on my Board.

IM thinking of buying this new m.2 drive,

Gigabyte M.2 Aorus PCIe 4.0 Series NVMe PCIe​

My question is, is worth it for the OS ( win 10 Pro 64 bit) I only put all my games on my Sabrent 2tb m.2 drive. I know my OS would load and boost faster but i dont keep alot of anything else on it. I have 2 m.2 slots on my Board.
It's better to run an OS that doesn't need to be booted all the time. But anyway, think what you do with your computer. Is it more important for you for your OS to boot up 5 seconds faster or your every day apps or games loading up 10-30 seconds faster?

You won't feel much of a difference. Both drives are fast. You'd likely need to run benchmarks to tell a difference. I still run my games from a SATA SSD, and they run fine.

I can't speak for this particular drive, but I had a WD SN750 500GB nvme drive in my laptop for a short time (testing it before the parts for my desktop build came in) and everything was "snappier" than with the SATA SSD drive that came with it. Boot times weren't noticeably different, but with the OS and main programs installed, the nvme certainly felt faster than the SATA drive during operation.

I can't speak for this particular drive, but I had a WD SN750 500GB nvme drive in my laptop for a short time (testing it before the parts for my desktop build came in) and everything was "snappier" than with the SATA SSD drive that came with it. Boot times weren't noticeably different, but with the OS and main programs installed, the nvme certainly felt faster than the SATA drive during operation.
Was it on a freah install?

Back