Original Xbox RCA to HDMI?

I want to connect up my old Xbox to play some games that are not compatible with the 360. However my monitors are only DVI or HDMI. Anyone have a good Component Video/RCA input to HDMI output converter you can recommend so I can connect it to my monitor?

I thought there was also a legit Xbox HD adapter for those as well. I know I had one, fuck all if I know where it is now though

I thought there was also a legit Xbox HD adapter for those as well. I know I had one, fuck all if I know where it is now though

I used to play on my monitor using the Xbox component video adapter in conjunction with a component to VGA adapter. Pretty much every game did 480p. A few did 720p and 1080i.

the hd adapter just gave you component and optical audio out as well as stereo audio. it did not give you hdmi.

op will need some sort of converter box to get to hdmi

I used one of those. It worked alright but the quality suffered a bit from the Monoprice one.

edit: You know I just realized, you didn't really specify if you were using one of the HD AV packs with your Xbox, that outputs to component (vs. the yellow composite video cable it comes with.)

I have an after market cable that out puts to Component video with L/R and Optical Audio.
I also just found this: I might buy an extra used Xbox just to try this out.

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1984 - HDMI Out for original XBOX

My adapter came in today it works but the colors darker and not as rich. The image suffers some quality loss. Oh well at lest I can play my older games until I get a new flat screen tv later.

Back