Original Xbox HD cable?

MrToilet

Weaksauce
Does anyone know where I can find the original Microsoft-brand Xbox HD cable, with the component video and optical audio out? I can't find it anywhere- a website link or store would be appreciated!

Good luck, its been discontinued for over a year iirc. I was recently looking for the same cable about 2 months ago and only saw them on ebay (I think) for ~$50. So I just got one of these. The connectors going to the TV don't really go in all the way (I didn't want to force them in and break my TV) but they are pretty secure and works perfectly. Came brand new.

Yeah, I saw those when I was searching around...do you know if you still get Dolby Digital out for games/movies through the RCA jacks?

MrToilet said:
Yeah, I saw those when I was searching around...do you know if you still get Dolby Digital out for games/movies through the RCA jacks?
Sorry, don't know about that. But I think the packaging says something about Dolby Digital.

MrToilet said:

You have to buy the fiber adaptor to get fiber out. It's a non standard jack that monster uses to force you to buy that piece as well.

MrToilet said:

AFAIK, Dolby Digital has to come from the optical cable. I bought my Xbox HD w/OPTICAL out cable at Gamestop the same time Forza Motorsport came out.

I used that exact Monster Cable with my Original Xbox, it *does* include the fiber optic cable for Dolby Digital output. Worked great for me.

Just get a $5 one off Ebay. Mine works fine although it feels cheap but for $5 who cares. Search for 'Xbox HD Pack'.

IcedEmotion said:
Just get a $5 one off Ebay. Mine works fine although it feels cheap but for $5 who cares. Search for 'Xbox HD Pack'.

lets see, $15 shipped, lacks progressive scan (specs say movie playback limited to 480i), and then he needs to buy component cables for video and a Toslink optical audio cable......

i would go for the real deal if i were you

nobody_here said:
lets see, $15 shipped, lacks progressive scan (specs say movie playback limited to 480i), and then he needs to buy component cables for video and a Toslink optical audio cable......

i would go for the real deal if i were you

You realise he wants this for the 'original' xbox and the one you linked is for a 360 right? There is no 'premium' xbox, so I don't know what you are trying to recommend. My projector detects the dashboard fine at 720p and games at 480p. Try reading next time before helping. The ORIGINAL xbox HD pack is impossible to find, so $15 shipped for the ebay one, $7 for component cables and $6 for Toslink cable off monoprice is a pretty good solution for something that doesn't exist.

IcedEmotion said:
You realise he wants this for the 'original' xbox and the one you linked is for a 360 right? There is no 'premium' xbox, so I don't know what you are trying to recommend. My projector detects the dashboard fine at 720p and games at 480p. Try reading next time before helping. The ORIGINAL xbox HD pack is impossible to find, so $15 shipped for the ebay one, $7 for component cables and $6 for Toslink cable off monoprice is a pretty good solution for something that doesn't exist.

LOL

indeed, i was thinking 360
:D

didnt realize people were still actively trying to upgrade the ole' original xbox, my bad :confused:

Yeah, I still play original Xbox- I just did a major upgrade to my computer, so fun-fun cash flow is a little low right now...

The reason I need the component, optical, etc. is that I just bought a Panasonic AE-900 LCD projector and 92" screen. HDTV looks freakin' fantastic...

I'll be buying a 360, but it'll be awhile... $400 for the system, $50 for another controller, $40-60 for each game...adds up quick...

if this is the advanced A/V pack, the CompUSA near me lists 2 for $9.98 in their clearance section. You can find the clearance items for the store near you on the web. On their web site near the top you will see a Locations tab. On this tab enter your zip and hit GO. On the next page you will see a list of local stores. Pick one of these and you will get an information page for that store. in the middle of the page you will see a link for that store's clearance/blowout items. click this to get the list. Hope this helps.

MrToilet said:
Yeah, I still play original Xbox- I just did a major upgrade to my computer, so fun-fun cash flow is a little low right now...

The reason I need the component, optical, etc. is that I just bought a Panasonic AE-900 LCD projector and 92" screen. HDTV looks freakin' fantastic...

I'll be buying a 360, but it'll be awhile... $400 for the system, $50 for another controller, $40-60 for each game...adds up quick...

i think Gamestop/EBGames is giving $80 in store credit for original XBOX systems traded in, plus they give credit for games, if you have quite a few, you may likely be able to knock off $100+ off of a 360 purchase

as far as 360 games go, they also sell used 360 games, which are always in fantastic shape, nearly new most of the time as far as disc condition, and when buying used, you have 7 days to try the game out, if you simply dont like it, you can get a refund or store credit towards another game, never buy new unless they have no used copies in and you absolutely know you will keep the game, i made that mistake once, never again will i buy new games

yep, found it here

Get a Microsoft Xbox 360 System Pro for $319.99 or a Microsoft Xbox 360 Core for $219.99 with trade on an Xbox System

*Offer Expires 10/15/06. Prices are shown are net after Xbox System trade. Offer not good on cash trades. System must be in full working condition to receive full value, and must include 1 controller, A/V cables, and power cord. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers.

and also

Get any new or used Xbox 360 game for $9.99 when you trade in 2 Xbox 360 Games.*

*Offer expires 10/15/06. Trade exclusions include all 2006 and older sports titles, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, King Kong, Project Gotham 3, Ridge Racer 6, Outfit & Amped 3. Offer good on any XB360 game $59.99 or less. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to manager approval. See store for details.

better hurry

Back